Sign in with
Your question

Hello everyone.

Last response: in Systems
December 6, 2011 12:24:37 PM

I ran across this site maybe you guys can help, i am looking for a really good laptop with and i5 or i7 mostly for school and serious multi tasking. I thought about macbook pro with 13" with the i5 but i have been looking at the hp dv6t quad edition. Im just confused on what will be the best decision for me. Looking for powerful device that can last me a long time and that is portable. Im tired of buying these $198 laptops and think i just deserve to appreciate myself a little more. any help and advise will be greatly appreciated thanks Adrian

More about : question

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 200 D Laptop
December 6, 2011 2:07:28 PM

What is your budget? Also, what do you plan to do with your new system (gaming, development, office apps, cruise the web......)?
m
l
December 6, 2011 11:56:15 PM

the most i would spend is around $1200 its mostly for school work, web, and perhaps some gaming i never played pc games in my life and id like to try that.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
December 7, 2011 12:07:29 AM

Theres a good ASUS I want for school, don't remember the product name, but it had a 15.6" 1080p screen, 8gbs DDR3, Geforce GTX 540M, etc. FOR $800, its an i7 2670QM also...

I saw this at Micro Center, so check that site to find out the name and then compare prices to newegg!
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 200 D Laptop
December 7, 2011 1:45:44 AM

Red956 said:
the most i would spend is around $1200 its mostly for school work, web, and perhaps some gaming i never played pc games in my life and id like to try that.

You can get a lot of machine for that amount. Is portability important?
m
l
December 7, 2011 11:19:16 AM

i checked out that Asus Hawk377 and its a good laptop for that price. i kind of have to added to the list and compare.

and COLGeek yeah i would prefer portability, so i will look for a 13 or 14 inch so i can be able to take to school.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 7, 2011 1:38:01 PM

Not for nothin', but it's better to use a more descriptive title than "Hello, everyone", friendly as that may be. Many of the profound geniuses in here scan the forum and only open the posts that interest them or that they think they can help with. A better title for your post might be something like, "Laptop purchase advice needed."
m
l
December 7, 2011 7:27:12 PM

Petrofsky said:
Not for nothin', but it's better to use a more descriptive title than "Hello, everyone", friendly as that may be. Many of the profound geniuses in here scan the forum and only open the posts that interest them or that they think they can help with. A better title for your post might be something like, "Laptop purchase advice needed."

On the other hand, if he'd said "Laptop purchase advice needed" I'd have passed on by. "Hello everyone" was nice and friendly so I had a look.
That said, I can't help him either way!
m
l
December 9, 2011 11:03:39 AM

i could not find a thread that welcomed noobs like me or let alone somewhere to ask for the advise, so i crossed my fingers and hope for the best, and you guys have helped me a lot, and i thank you for it.
m
l
!