Activesync over Bluetooth

Last response: in Technologies
a b Ô Samsung
July 19, 2005 2:10:54 PM

I am trying to use Activesync over my Bluetooth connection.
I am using a PocketPC 2003
Samsung SCH-i730

I got the pair
I open Activesync and go
Programs > Activesync

The Activesync on my PC starts up
The Active sync on my PC says 2 items needs to be synced
It starts syncing
But it can not actually sync the 2, it sits there and eventually says
"not connected"

Any ideas?

Ed,

More about : activesync bluetooth

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2005 4:28:08 PM

"gencode" <google@gencode.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use Activesync over my Bluetooth connection.
> I am using a PocketPC 2003
> Samsung SCH-i730
>
> I got the pair
> I open Activesync and go
> Programs > Activesync
>
> The Activesync on my PC starts up
> The Active sync on my PC says 2 items needs to be synced
> It starts syncing
> But it can not actually sync the 2, it sits there and eventually says
> "not connected"

Are you using the Bluetooth adapter on a USB HUB or USB port on your
computer? These devices do not like HUBs, and low power can cause this.

Also check your firewalls.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 20, 2005 4:28:09 PM

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "gencode" <google@gencode.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to use Activesync over my Bluetooth connection.
>> I am using a PocketPC 2003
>> Samsung SCH-i730
>>
>> I got the pair
>> I open Activesync and go
>> Programs > Activesync
>>
>> The Activesync on my PC starts up
>> The Active sync on my PC says 2 items needs to be synced
>> It starts syncing
>> But it can not actually sync the 2, it sits there and eventually says
>> "not connected"
>
> Are you using the Bluetooth adapter on a USB HUB or USB port on your
> computer? These devices do not like HUBs, and low power can cause this.
>
> Also check your firewalls.

I suggest you uncheck all items to be sync'd, then start testing one at a
time.

I find occasionally ActiveSync's table gets clobbered.
!