Does a 6950 work with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The PSU could be a problem seeing as it's probably a cheap one. Look at the spec label and see how many AMP's the +12V rail(s) provide and report back. Also, you'll need two six pin PCI-E connectors, or you can always use molex adapters.

C0rehound

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
The PSU could be a problem seeing as it's probably a cheap one. Look at the spec label and see how many AMP's the +12V rail(s) provide and report back. Also, you'll need two six pin PCI-E connectors, or you can always use molex adapters.

Solution

Kadesh

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Thanks for the responses. I will check the rating when I get home this evening. Are these adaptors reliable, or would using one create any problems. What would this adaptor be called?

C0rehound

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Molex to 6-Pin PCI-E adapter. They work, I've had to use 'em in the past. They aren't "optimal" but they do work. I'd almost be willing to bet you have two 6-Pin plugs. One may even be a 6+2 PCI-E plug.

Kadesh

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
My next issue is figuring out whether or not it will fit. It says it is 11.4 x 5, but I'm not sure if i could angle it in first, or a way i could "test" it before i buy it. Does that length include the part that screws into the case?

Here is my case
IMAG0311.jpg

The card i want: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125385

Do i have to worry about bottlenecking or anything, i'm not too familiar with it?

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T(2.8GHz)
8 GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.