HIS HD 5770 Iceq 5 or HIS HD 6770 1GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireVortex720

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I am planning on buying a graphics card. I have never ownwed on before. This dealer is offering me a HD 5770 iceq 5 or a HD 6770 1GB (fan cooled). So thats where the problem is. I dont what to choose. I've heard good things about the iceq 5 cooler, but hd 5770 is quite old. The 6770 is newer, but it is fan cooled.
any ideas guyz?

Other relevant information-
my rig-
E5400 @ 3.3ghz
2gb ram DDR2
450w stock cooler
windows 7 ulitmate 32 bits

HD 5770- $115
HD 6770- $118

The games i am looking at playing are MW2, Just Cause 2, NFS series.

Solution

The forum for some reason is adding that to all posts right now !

As for which to go for they are pretty much the exact same card ( the OEMs just changed the product number since people were beginning to think the 5xxx series was getting old -- but they are actually the same components and performance. The only thing that the 6770 has that the 5770 does not is a slightly improved 3d video playback support in the BIOS of the card so if you use the system for a lot of video playback then it might be worth a couple extra dollars but in your...

FireVortex720

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

i got one person telling me to get the hd 5770 and the pther- the total opposite. i think i mite as well go with the newer 6770. and why did both of you put an "18" at the end of your answer?

The forum for some reason is adding that to all posts right now !

As for which to go for they are pretty much the exact same card ( the OEMs just changed the product number since people were beginning to think the 5xxx series was getting old -- but they are actually the same components and performance. The only thing that the 6770 has that the 5770 does not is a slightly improved 3d video playback support in the BIOS of the card so if you use the system for a lot of video playback then it might be worth a couple extra dollars but in your case the cooling on that 5770 is probably much better than on the 6770 so it would probably be the better option. (So depending on the usage which is the best choice is debatable !)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.