Update PC for SWTOR

So I want to upgrade my current PC for the release of SWTOR. I was thinking I would add more Ram (from 4gig to 8gig), update the OS to windows 7, and add a SSD for the OS/game. I am going to OC my CPU as well. My intent is to let my girlfriend play on this rig and I am going to build another.

My question is what Ram should I get and should I replace the ram I have or just add to it?

Also what SSD should I get ?

This is what I have right now:

MOBo: ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2F10664GK

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor BX80562Q6600

Any help is welcomed :)
4 answers Last reply
More about update swtor
  1. I don't think you'll see a major difference in the performance of your rig with the proposed upgrades you mentioned. What video card (GPU) are you using now?
  2. GPU- 4870 x2
  3. Going with a new GPU, like a HD6950 or HD6970 will do more for your performance than the upgrades you mentioned. Will also reduce your heat and noise output.
  4. You may want to OC your CPU also. Even just 2.8GHz should provide a visible improvement based on today's review article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/star-wars-gaming-tests-review,3087-8.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt RAM Systems