Status
Not open for further replies.

racer80

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Hello,
tell me if I`m wrong ,i have this same motherboard [09e8h] so what i gather from this forum I can swap my 533 mhz processor for an 800 mhz one .mine has a celeron D and i have a pentium D both 755 socket but one is 533 mhz and the other is 800 mhz

racer80

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
i already have 4 gigs of ram in this but it`s only reading 3.22 of it from what I read the onboard graphics is quite a drain on that heard that changing from a celeron to a pentium processor helps a lot and adding a graphics card helps also

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Celeron to a Pentium is a huge boost. Adding a GPU can help, especially if you're maxed out on RAM. And you're right, old onboard graphics are a drain and poor quality.

You can look up your CPU at

http://ark.intel.com

and see if it supports 64 bit (I think most Celeron Ds support 64 bit). If it does, you can reload Windows with 64 bit and use all 4 GB of RAM (32 bit has 3GB limit). You have to do a full wipe and reload, so only do so if you want and have evrything backed up!! Cheers!

racer80

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
so your saying that it`s no problem going from a celeron d 2.80 ghz to a pentium4 2.80 ghz.and if i go to that and a graphics card it should take some of the lag out of this machine. If I could find a pentium 4 that will do 64 bit will be even better .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS