Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will Radeon HD6570 work ?

Last response: in Components
Share
March 11, 2012 5:29:36 AM

hi,
i am planning to buy a HD6570 for my old computer,presenlty i am using integrated garphics.
my spec are
  • intel pentium 4 3.0ghz with HT(northwood prescott) OC to 3.8ghz
  • zotac nforce 610i-value(MoBo)
  • 2X1GB transcend ram DDr2 @800mhz
  • enhance 250W PSU with 16A on 12v rail
  • 80GB 7200rpm sata drive
  • some after market cooler by Coolermaster

    i was wondering if my psu would be able to power the HD6570, heard that 250W ones will be able to run that gpu,but since my psu is about 6-7 years old i was wondering whether it might have downgraded ....
    i am on a very tight budget and do not want to upgrade my psu and will be using this cpu for may be 4 more months only ...
    i'll be using the gpu mainly to run dual monitors ( 1280*1024&1680*900) and some light gaming .
    if the psu wont be able to run that gpu , what would be the other choice .
    will the HD6450 be a good buy???or the HD7750???
    i'm having a samsung dvd drive ,but i can sacrifice it if power becomes an issue .
    my budget is around $80-$100 MAX.
  • More about : radeon hd6570 work

    a c 158 ) Power supply
    March 11, 2012 1:57:11 PM

    minnan said:
    hi,
    i am planning to buy a HD6570 for my old computer,presenlty i am using integrated garphics.
    my spec are
  • intel pentium 4 3.0ghz with HT(northwood prescott) OC to 3.8ghz
  • zotac nforce 610i-value(MoBo)
  • 2X1GB transcend ram DDr2 @800mhz
  • enhance 250W PSU with 16A on 12v rail
  • 80GB 7200rpm sata drive
  • some after market cooler by Coolermaster

    i was wondering if my psu would be able to power the HD6570, heard that 250W ones will be able to run that gpu,but since my psu is about 6-7 years old i was wondering whether it might have downgraded ....
    i am on a very tight budget and do not want to upgrade my psu and will be using this cpu for may be 4 more months only ...
    i'll be using the gpu mainly to run dual monitors ( 1280*1024&1680*900) and some light gaming .
    if the psu wont be able to run that gpu , what would be the other choice .
    will the HD6450 be a good buy???or the HD7750???
    i'm having a samsung dvd drive ,but i can sacrifice it if power becomes an issue .
    my budget is around $80-$100 MAX.

  • TDP for a 6570 is only 44-60W depending on memory. Using it for dual monitor support and light gaming won't push the card anywhere near TDP levels. The Prescott's are power hogs, especially when you OC them. I would give it a try, but remove the CPU OC to see if you can get a baseline stability. If stable without the OC, then you can incrementally increase the OC until your system becomes unstable and then dial it back a notch. Are you going to upgrade the GPU or PSU when you upgrade the CPU?
    m
    0
    l
    Related resources
    a b ) Power supply
    March 11, 2012 6:20:09 PM

    bartholomew said:
    400 Watt or greater power supply is recommended for the HD6570 as well as for HD6540

    If you can afford, get this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
    & the HD6450

    Oh please. AMD just makes the recommended PSU wattage based on the most intense rigs.
    Watts don't matter, the provided amps on the 12v rails matter the most.
    The 6570 requires at least 20 amps so your PSU will have problems. Your CPU will also bottleneck this card so you will not be getting the desired frame rates.
    It's best to just wait and build a whole new rig since your running an ancient dinosaur.
    m
    0
    l
    March 11, 2012 6:35:26 PM

    Like the rest, I do recommend you to get the new PSU from Corsair, Antec or Seasonic. Get yourself new one around 500 watt!
    m
    0
    l
    March 11, 2012 6:39:59 PM

    You will probably be able to play most games on low to medium settings at 1024x768 with that setup.

    Valve games you can max out.
    m
    0
    l
    March 14, 2012 8:16:12 AM

    e56imfg said:
    Oh please. AMD just makes the recommended PSU wattage based on the most intense rigs.
    Watts don't matter, the provided amps on the 12v rails matter the most.
    The 6570 requires at least 20 amps so your PSU will have problems. Your CPU will also bottleneck this card so you will not be getting the desired frame rates.
    It's best to just wait and build a whole new rig since your running an ancient dinosaur.

    lol...
    any way , do u know how much amps would a 6450 req. ? i want to hook up dual monitors , and don't want to upgrade anything else
    m
    0
    l
    March 14, 2012 8:28:06 AM

    i went to this website http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and calculated the psu rating ....
    the present system comes to 239w

    then after removing my cd drive from the list and adding the 6570 my psu rating comes down to 225W ... .that means a 6570 might work... but 16A on 12V rail is too little ..
    are u sure the 6570 requires 20A???
    m
    0
    l
    a c 158 ) Power supply
    March 14, 2012 10:51:36 AM

    minnan said:
    i went to this website http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and calculated the psu rating ....
    the present system comes to 239w

    then after removing my cd drive from the list and adding the 6570 my psu rating comes down to 225W ... .that means a 6570 might work... but 16A on 12V rail is too little ..
    are u sure the 6570 requires 20A???

    The HD 6570 using GDDR3 memory has a max TDP of 44W and one using GDDR5 has a TDP of 60W; this equates to 3.7A or 5A depending on the card;s memory (44W / 12VV = 3.6666A and 60W / 12V = 5A). TDP is the max power draw of the card....if used for light gaming and multi-monitor display, then the card will draw less power. AMD recommends a 400W power supply for a system with a HD 6750, but you may be able to get away with your current PSU considering your likely usage.
    m
    0
    l
    March 14, 2012 1:16:10 PM

    Rugger said:
    The HD 6570 using GDDR3 memory has a max TDP of 44W and one using GDDR5 has a TDP of 60W; this equates to 3.7A or 5A depending on the card;s memory (44W / 12VV = 3.6666A and 60W / 12V = 5A). TDP is the max power draw of the card....if used for light gaming and multi-monitor display, then the card will draw less power. AMD recommends a 400W power supply for a system with a HD 6750, but you may be able to get away with your current PSU considering your likely usage.


    i guess i will be able to run the hd6450 without any of the current/voltage doubts ... do u know how much amps is req on 12v rail ?
    m
    0
    l
    a c 158 ) Power supply
    March 14, 2012 1:39:10 PM

    The TDP for the HD 6450 is 20W for the GDDR3 version or 27W for the GDDR5 version.
    m
    0
    l
    a b ) Power supply
    March 14, 2012 9:31:28 PM

    minnan said:
    lol...
    any way , do u know how much amps would a 6450 req. ? i want to hook up dual monitors , and don't want to upgrade anything else

    If you don't want to upgrade anything else, then your running a huge risk.

    Stop trying to upgrade that old dinosaur and save up for a brand new system. The 6450 with a P4 will not run modern games on the lowest settings at 30FPS. It will be running at the max 10 to 20 FPS (which is unplayable).

    If you still want to upgrade, the 6450 will run on your PSU if you revert the CPU OC and scrap anything else from your system (DVD/Card Readers/etc.)
    You can get a cheap Antec 400w cheap today that will run a 6570, no problems.
    If you miss that sale, get this Antec EA-380D or a Rosewill 430w
    m
    0
    l
    !