I got crackling sounds... someone help me please...

fondrika

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Im just buying a second hand auzentech x-fi forte about 3 days ago
i fit it in pci-e 16x, and install the latest driver from auzentech.com ver 1.30
and im using digital coax to my ampli to run 5.1 speaker

but then it start to makes crackling sounds...
after a whole day, im trying to find why,, i realized that the crackling sound is always comes in every windows sound schemes. im using windows 7 ultimate (64bit). then i turn off all windows sound schemes.
not only that, sometimes it makes crackling sounds in random time with no reason, sometimes when i try to play a video or audio, then it start a crackling sound but not always..
and in the control panel > sound > spdif out > properties > supported formats> encoded formats, when i try to 'test' the DTS dolby and Dolby Digital, both of them runs good but at the end there's always a crackling sound just right before it finish the test ...

but then today, i cant run the console launcher its written "there are no supported audio device available. you need to close the application. click 'ok' to close the application now.

my pc:
asus P5Q-E
core 2 duo E8400
4gb ram

fondrika

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
for addition:
there's also crack soun when i tried to test sample rates
in 44.1 - alot of crackling sound from the begining till the end
48.0 - when the test begin itu works good but there's crackling sounds in the end
88.2 - crackling sounds from the start but the feels like rottating from left to right to left to right again and again
96.0 - same as the test on 88.2

bleechy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but XFI has been renowned for crackling and popping sounds for years.
The best advice they gave is to update your Bios firmware. Another option is to change the PCI-e slot or speed as they said the crackling was caused by memory bandwidth problems.

In truth my old XFI fatality always crackled (got better with a new bios update) until I changed to Asus Essence.

braincruser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Try disabling that 5.1 emulator. It is possible that causes the problem.

I have that problem with Games, many times cracking and sudden volume changes ranging from wisper of a fairy to the rage of zeus come around depending on the camera position in the particular moment. I solve it by disabling 5.1 emulation during gaming(i keep it for music and videos, it makes them much better).