Asus Maximus III Formula doesn't POST

yasirjamal

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hi everyone,
Well I just got Asus Maximus III Formula in replace for my Asus P7P55D, but I'm not able to POST.
My testing build specs are

Asus Maximus III Formula LGA1156
Core i3-530 (I don't know whether its REV C2 or K0)
Kingston 2GB Single Slot 1333mhz
Corsair TX750M
XFX Radeon HD 6850

When i powered on the mobo it checks Q_LEDS in series(near to the 24pin power connector) CPU , DRAM , VGA and boot device. but it doesn't POST and stucks at the VGA , I haven't put any beeper on the mobo so i have no idea it is giving me any beeps or not.

1- What I've done so far is that I tried replacing only one DIMM in each of the 4 slots but same issue ,If i take that out that Qleds stuck on DRAM. Also checked the same DIMM on another test system, its not faulty.

2- Clear the bios from the back switch on mobo, Also tried replacing the battery itself for 5 minutes then turn back on. But same issue.

3-Tried to change the GPU as it hangs on VGA seems to me like a bad gpu, So i've replaced with another one GTS 250, even also tried both the RED pci-e lanes. I've checked both of the gpus on other system they are running fine. Bad gpu would not be a problem.

4-This all setup is on wooden table, so it might not have any issue of grounding.

just to make sure in changing the hardware I do proper care in handling and i would only change the hardware after turning off and unplugging power cord for 5 minutes. and PSU is brand new.

The last mobo I had was Asus P7P55D it does have the same problem but q-leds were randomly hanging!, tried everything but i finally come to the conclusion that the mobo itself doesn't support Core i3-530!! even with every bios update. but on Asus website in CPU support list it states that it does.

And yea , after it hangs on the VGA if i tired to turn off from the same button on the mobo, it doesn't shutdown until I've to hold it down for some time. So with this point it clears that the mobo get hanged.

What would be the problem !! ? Bad Mobo or CPU isn't compatible. or anything else would work.!!

Solution
The BIOS version is 1501, while the i3-530 requires 1901 or later
Core i3 530(2.93G,L2:4M, IGPU,rev.K0,73W) ALL 1901
If you still want to install the i3, update the BIOS and try again.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

The Corsair TX750M ....check it for errors

yasirjamal

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
@SPEED94
tested the GTS 250 and 6850 on other system with the same PSU... PSU is brand new as mentioned

@alexoiu
No, board isn't new but i can RMA if needed as it has some warranty left.
1901 Bios hmmm. I don't know what is the current version of the bios installed, I should give it a try with Xeon X3430 (hopefully be arriving tomorrow).

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Well...
take out the main psu power cable out of the mainboard....
take a small piece of paper,roll it in form of a thin needle and insert it in each and every hole of the cable...
keep it for some time.. replug....
Take the PSU power cable out (from back of chassis).....
hold the power button for 1min and then put back the cable and switch on