4870x2 Endless BSOD

Hey all!

I've got a Radeon 4870x2. It started BSOD on me when I updated to the newest drivers. I immediately rolled them back using driver sweeper on safe mode. Now I cannot get my computer running. I did a fresh install of XP on a harddrive. I made sure my chipset and bios for the mobo was up to date. As soon as I install ANY version of graphics drivers for my card, the computer will BSOD upon reboot. I tried installing pretty much every version of the driver for the card and nothing works. I either get a atikmpag/atikmdag/ati2dvag BSOD. That card was working for well over a year before this started happening. I'm about 85% sure its the video card and maybe there is an off chance it could be the motherboard, but I doubt it.

How likely is it that the card burned out or damaged? I'm not getting artifacts, but every and any driver seems to BSOD the computer. Any advice?
1 answer Last reply
More about 4870x2 endless bsod
  1. i've had exactly the same problem, even in BIOS....

It is resolved, 60 min ago, this way:

- Download CPUID HWMonitor
    - Check -12V Voltage
    - If it's over -10V (mine was 7.5V), it's definetelly a catalyst driver problem.
    - REMOVE ANY CATALYST DRIVERS & REGISTRY ENTRIES (i used Revo Uninstaller)
    - REBOOT
    - LET OS (mine is Win 7 Ult) IDENTIFY THE CARD AND INSTALL OWN DRIVER

Problem solved, everything works...!!!! No BSOD what so ever!!!!

If u want to install AMD/ATI Drivers, install any version till 11.9 (i installed 11.5)

Still can't believe that windows drivers effected perfomance of card in BIOS....
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Blue Screen Computer Graphics