Why aren't EYETOY games made available to US consumers?

Last response: in Video Games
April 14, 2005 10:07:58 PM

I notice that there are many EyeToy games in the UK. But there are
only a few in the US. I wanted to buy the Antigrav game with no
hardware bundled. I've waited and waited and waited. After so many
months, look like it is not going to happen at all. Apparently the
marketing people see that no one is buying Antigrav. So they just
assume no one will buy EyeToy games period. They may not realize that
no one want to pay for another EyeToy when they already have one at
home.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:43:51 AM

"Caloonese" <caloonese@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I notice that there are many EyeToy games in the UK. But there are
> only a few in the US. I wanted to buy the Antigrav game with no
> hardware bundled. I've waited and waited and waited. After so many
> months, look like it is not going to happen at all. Apparently the
> marketing people see that no one is buying Antigrav. So they just
> assume no one will buy EyeToy games period. They may not realize that
> no one want to pay for another EyeToy when they already have one at
> home.

Well, I wouldn't count AntiGrav out just yet. Both ET: Play and ET: Groove
were eventually released in stand-alone editions (without the camera), but
it took a long time after the initial bundled release. Since Anti-Grav
hasn't been out for so I'm hopeful that Anti-Grav will likewise be released
separately.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 4:01:28 AM

EyeToy: Play has never been released in the U.S. as just software, only the
software/camera bundle. Although AntiGrav should be coming as software only
in the future. I'm also looking foward to Play 2 later this year.

!