Jabra BT250 with Nokia charger

Last response: in Technologies
Share
July 22, 2005 4:59:54 PM

I took a chance and plugged in Nokia charger into Jabra, and it works. The
chargers are a bit different though, and I wonder if there could be
long-term damage. Jabra charger is 6V 250mA, while Nokia charger is 5.7V
800mA.

Any advice from electronically minded folks?

Thanks.

Dmitri
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:19:09 PM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:59:54 -0500, "dmitri" <dk2000@comcast.net> wrote:

> I took a chance and plugged in Nokia charger into Jabra, and it works. The
> chargers are a bit different though, and I wonder if there could be
> long-term damage. Jabra charger is 6V 250mA, while Nokia charger is 5.7V
> 800mA.
>
> Any advice from electronically minded folks?

Should be fine so long as the connector is the right size and is not
damaging the Jabra. I do the same with Nokia and Plantronics headsets and
the only problem is a slight difference in the barrel sizes of connectors.

Tony
!