Desktop Icons not appearing

August 23, 2004 1:03:19 PM

I am using Windows XP home.

There are two profiles on my computer. I am unable to make
the desktop icons appear on my profile but the other
profile I am able to make them appear.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
-Spencer
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 1:15:03 PM

Hi,

What happens when you right click on the desktop and choose display icons.

is the desktop blank or is it covered with wallpaper.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"Spencer" wrote:

> I am using Windows XP home.
>
> There are two profiles on my computer. I am unable to make
> the desktop icons appear on my profile but the other
> profile I am able to make them appear.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
> -Spencer

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 10:11:53 PM

"Spencer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using Windows XP home.
>
>There are two profiles on my computer. I am unable to make
>the desktop icons appear on my profile but the other
>profile I am able to make them appear.

Create a new account and see if the problem occurs here as well. If
no, copy the account, where you do not see the icons, to this new
account. Delete the other account then.
"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)

--
(tm)
!