Best Recommended Motherboard for Gaming?

sava13

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
What is the consensus best motherboard for gaming. It looks like I am going with the best i5 cpu.

asus? gb? ....

Also after 8gb of memory...when it does not really matter anymore for gaming. 12, 16, 32, 64 gb really make a difference?

how many times can you say the best lol
anyways get a z77 lga 1155 motherboard obviously..motherboard prices range on features they have so the most expensive mobo doest mean its the best it just means it has the most features...but will you be actually using those features? hard to tell. get a motherboard that suits your needs...I recommend going with either Asus or Asrock mobos
no over 8 gigs of ram you will not see difference

The name brands are all within a couple of frames in the last roundup I saw. Agree with Alvine, get the lowest cost mobo that has the number of SATA, USB, etc connections you require.

Far as I can tell, for a "normal" gaming rig the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a fine choice at a reasonable price point.

If you're not going to overclock, consider a cheaper Ivy Bridge chipset. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155 for a list of features to help you choose.
Agree too that I've not come close to using 8GB RAM to date with BF3 multi, OCCT, and Precision-X running. On the other hand, if you have money to burn and don't plan to upgrade for a loooong time, go ahead with 16GB.