Which graphic card should i get..........

Ok so i am coming close to building a new pc and i am still having troubles picking a GPU.

Ok so i have many choices.

First my specs i picked:

I7 2600k 3.4GHz (Stock)

Asus P8Z68-V PRO Socket 1155

G.Skill DDR3-1600 16GB

Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800w (Might change to Corsair HX850w)

ok so i have to choose between these cards.

1.nVidia Geforce GTX 590

2.AMD HD 6950 2-Way XFire

3.AMD HD 6950 2-Way XFire

If there are any others please tell me.

So the games i mainly want to play are:

Crysis 1 and 2

Flight Simulator X

Dirt 3

Grand Theft Auto IV

Team Fortress 2

GMod

and more.

S
5 answers Last reply
More about which graphic card
  1. If you are going for CF then or sli then don't forget to choose the 2gb version of 6950/6970.I think its better to choose 6950CF as there is negligible performance difference between them in most games.But both the CF configurations are better than 590.
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33973027
  2. gamingrigboy said:

ok so i have to choose between these cards.

1.nVidia Geforce GTX 590

2.AMD HD 6950 2-Way XFire

3.AMD HD 6950 2-Way XFire

Hmm, deciding between choice 2 and 3 will be tough... HMMMM. OK, I'm just teasing. :) I know that you meant 6970 CF vs 6950 CF

Like I said before in other threads, as long as you stay away from Crysis 2, either crossfire set ups should be more then enough.
  3. If you have the cash, i'd take two 6970s in CF. If you need to save some money, the 6950's in CF will do the trick. They are plenty powerful.
  4. solomonshv said:
    Hmm, deciding between choice 2 and 3 will be tough... HMMMM. OK, I'm just teasing. :) I know that you meant 6970 CF vs 6950 CF

Like I said before in other threads, as long as you stay away from Crysis 2, either crossfire set ups should be more then enough.

Please dont tell me bad drivers :o

THATS MAH FAVORITE GAME!!!!!

Crysis 1 and 2 :(

WHY AMD WHY.............. Why do you have to make it so hard. Your good at this and you let down on that :(
  5. I read an article a while ago about tearing/juddering while using CF, and the having a 3 card setup appeared to reduce this phenomenon.

Not sure if it still applies however.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics