Sign in with
Your question

First gaming rig

Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2013 5:26:08 PM

This is my first gaming rig and I need a motherboard that is compatible with my CPU, Which can either be an i3 2100 or an i3 3225, It also needs to work with my GPU which is a sapphire ultimate radeon HD 6670.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GPU

Oh and the budget is 100USD

More about : gaming rig

January 16, 2013 5:46:15 PM

I would say go with any ASRock Mobo's I have the Extreme4 and so does my friend and they work extremely well. If you are willing to wait it has gone on sale for 100 sometimes, but not often.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2013 6:36:01 PM

Well I do have a few recommendations for you especially if your going for a light to mid range gaming rig.

A nice standard and reliable board with a good price tag is this one - Click Me! I've use MSI boards in the majority of the standard and light gaming rigs I've built, it's not a good board for playing around with overclocking but will run a socket 1155 i3 of any sort without issue.

It did catch my eye that when you stated you were looking for a board for either CPU that you did not have the CPU yet. If this is the case I may like to point some recommendations towards AMD APU motherboards and CPUs, the reason is because you are running a 6670 which so happens to be the highest card you can pair with an APU to get dual graphics mode, its like a cost effective crossfire. In terms of CPU power an i3 has more of a kick then an APU but as for graphics performance you would get 50% increase easy gaming performance for the same price. If your interested I'll post a few recommended setups.
m
l
January 16, 2013 8:01:30 PM

Post any recommendations you have my friend, Ill look into them all
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2013 9:05:20 PM

Alrighty, My most recommended CPU+MOBO combination would be the A10-5800K APU (Quad Core + AMD 7660D Graphics) and a nice ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 motherboard.

If you wanted to familiarize yourself a bit more on the AMD Dual Graphics option you can check THIS out.

Click Here! to check out the A10-5800K APU
Click Here! to check out the ASUS F2A85-M PRO Motherboard

I really like all the features on the board such as all SATA 6.0Gbps ports and 4x USB 3.0 connectors along with native DDR3-1866 support, but the main reason why I push for this is because of the nice boost you'll get in games.
m
l
January 16, 2013 9:30:41 PM

Well the thing is, I dont know much about the whole difference between intel and amd but i do know about intel, so using amd seems wierd, mainly because i understand the whole i3 i5 i7 and all of that, but then i look at amd and have zero clue about anything about it, but if you would want to explain i would love to learn
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2013 7:13:08 PM

Yes, Intel CPUs are most definately faster the AMD. But light gaming is not based around CPU power, A CPU becomes a bottleneck for graphics performance when you get into graphics cards upwards off 200 dollars. Having an i3 is a great CPU but you will be limited as to your gaming performance with only a 6670, Going with a A10 lowers your CPU performance but you will get better gaming performance with dual graphics processors.
m
l
!