Sexy cases that look like CM silencio 550 or antec p180

G

currently i have a CM HAF 912 because it was cheap and i could afford better internals by getting a cheap case.

i am looking for a case that looks similar to the cases listed and has that sleek and sexy look. i dont care if its an ultra silent case, i plan on modding and sticking a window in. good cable management is prefered. atx or micro atx [not sure if im going to replace my gigabyte board with an ROG gene-z yet, but a sexy case might decide that], dont care much about front ports, i do like having an easy to remove HDD bay like on the silencio but i will be alright with out one. preferably under $200

i am also a huge fan of the maingear shift case, but sadly thats not going to happen ='[

I would look at the minimalist cases from both BitFenix and Fractal Designs. Quite frankly they are doing the P180 better than Antec ever did.
Without a budget in mind, there are several very interesting cases from Silverstone as well. But really the Arc midi and BitFenix outlaw are great cases. I really like what Fractal and BitFenix are doing right now. Hihgly recommended.

I'm looking at putting a window in the outlaw, I dig the 180 degree motherboard flip!

G

i do like the flip of the outlaw so i can see my bloody GPU, its extremely annoying to not look at the pricey hunk of awesomeness that defines the amazingness of your computer

G

im liking the define r3 black pearl/titanium grey and define mini by fractal. put a window on them and they are almost exactly what i am looking for

Hobo82

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Define R3 is a good case, but cooling isn't the best. With the mini, you can only fit Micro ATX mobos. Do what I did! Get the new mid-tower from Fractal, the Arc Midi, and add a window!

Before window
IMG_0571.jpg

After Window
IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

I added lights too, but haven't taken any photos yet. Also, cable management and build room is AWESOME in the Arc Midi. Room on top for a 240mm rad (you can fit up to a 60mm thick rad with push pull 25mm fans, but I've only got push at the moment)!

G

i really like the look of the define r3 and define mini, either way i am going to put a window on it. i am not sure if i want to get a new mobo yet, but i have been thinking about getting the asus rog z68 gene-z. i think ill just wait for ivy bridge before i upgrade my board. i think i am leaning more towards the define r3.

in my haf 912 i have 6 case fans and i getting a bit tired of the noise so i am going to go with as many 140mm variable speed fans as i can instead of 120s and im going to upgrade my zalman heat sink with a CM v6 or some other cooler master heat sink.

ill probably remove or cut out some of the HDD bays for better air flow like i did in my haf 912, it has so much air flow that the exhaust feels cooler than room temp and it actually acts sort of like an AC. i really want install a hot swap HDD in the other 5.25 bay