saldamato

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hi,

I have a few strange things happening with my computer. I use Comodo's Defense+ software. When I make a connection to the internet it alerts me to rundll.exe trying to execute random files. I get other similar alerts from Defense+ when I perform other actions on the computer. An application I use is also acting strangely.

So I was wondering what are the typical signs of bad RAM? Is it these kind of quirky things? About 6 months ago my computer shut itself off several times because the CPU temperature was too hot. I fixed the cause of that and it now runs at a low temperature. But I am concerned the RAM may have been damaged in the process.

Thanks!

1. rundll.exe is part of a program trying to run. this is not usually associated with ram from my knowledge.

2. the CPU over heating will not cause ram to go bad. To check down load memtest and run it. this program checks your ram for errors and will let you know if there is an issue with the ram. i recommend the boot version that you burn to a disk then run at the start up as it checks all the ram unlike the windows version.

EDIT: as i just reread your post :eek: Some of the common signs of bad ram are crashing, at times sluggish, refusing to POST. there are more but off the top of my head mostly BSOD and restarts on its own and wont start "POST".

saldamato

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it's something else then. I did get one BSOD, but only one. These odd things started happening in the past 6 months to a year and I've had the computer for 4 years. I wonder if getting a new HD and using the disk image that came with my computer might fix things.