Laptop Mobo Problems, No Power!

gbr-huskers

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello,
recently I installed a new motherboard in my laptop, an asus g71gx because the old one went bad. After installing everything to almost exactly how it was before I started, nothing happens when I plug the power in. No lights, beeps or anything of the kind. Absolutly nothing happens. The motherboard is a an asus 60-nvzmb1100-B04.
Update: Laptop is an Asus g71gx
Video card is a nvidia gt260m
6gb DDR2 ram
intel core 2 P8700 cpu
Windows 7

So a awhile back the mobo was fried, here's a link to that thread.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/323309-30-asus-g71gx-rx05-burnt-motherboard-component

After alot of phone calls, favors and research I gave up and decided to buy a new motherboard. And that's where this post comes in.
Is there anything else I can do? I was worried about static shock So I assembled it on a wood table and every time I got up or sat down I touched something metal. I'm getting desperate here.

Xttony

Distinguished
Double Check the connections and make sure that every connection is in its right place. Laptop components are very tricky and it is also advisable not to change any component(except hard drive or ram) it is better you to get that laptop to a ASUS service station and let them handle it.

gbr-huskers

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I would like to avoid that approach. I've already got this thing in pieces and I'd definitely like to finish what I started. I Triple checked all the connections, made sure they where all tight and I even double checked my ac adapter as this is the second one for this machine. Any other ideas?