New rig won't boot (but it did at first!)

jamessteinfeldt

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Man, I cannot figure out this issue. I just finished building my rig and it didn't startup properly at first. So I took out all of my RAM sticks except for just 1 and then it started without an issue. I proceeded to install windows, install all of my drivers, and install my updates. Finally I decided to test the other sticks of RAM. Maybe I just didn't seat them correctly? So I put in all 4 sticks, and bam my pc recognizes all 16gb with no issue. I boot windows and my mouse and keyboard aren't working, so I restart windows. And this time my system does not boot. Thinking that the RAM has to be the issue I've tested 1 stick in each slot, and tested each stick in the first mobo slot as well. I really have no idea what the issue is. My mono isn't even posting an error.

My setup is this:
core i7 2700k
g.skill ripjaw x 1333mhz RAM (4gb x 4 = 16gb total)
crucial m4 256gb ssd
corsair ax 1200 psu
msi twin frozr gtx 580 graphics
asus p8p67 deluxe motherboard

I appreciate the help. I really can't figure out what the problem is.

jamessteinfeldt

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Update: Cleared my CMOS (by removing the bios battery since it seems like this mobo doesn't have a cmos switch), and I was able to boot. Windows recognizes all 16gb of RAM. Not sure what caused the issue originally but I appear to be ok now.