Sign in with
Your question

Balanced PC build

Last response: in Systems
December 7, 2011 6:35:19 AM

This question is more for the THG team.

It's been a year since the last "Building a Balanced PC" review and I was wondering when can we expect update for it.

I want to build a system around a FX 4100 and I don't know which gpu to get with it.

Thank you.

More about : balanced build

December 7, 2011 7:04:58 AM

what do you want to do? what resolution is your monitor? if you're not gaming then you can get away with the built in graphics.
December 7, 2011 7:12:26 AM

We can help you out just fill out the outline in "How to Ask for Advice" stickie and we can tailor and give you advice on what want
Related resources
December 7, 2011 7:39:16 AM

What I want to do:

I want to be able to play the following titles on high settings at 1080P: WOW, AOC, and Star Wars: TOR.

I need motherboard, memory and graphics
December 7, 2011 7:41:56 AM

punnar said:
What I want to do:

I want to be able to play the following titles on high settings at 1080P: WOW, AOC, and Star Wars: TOR.

I need motherboard, memory and graphics

For those, the $600 build in my sig should be plenty. Balanced as they come.
December 7, 2011 7:44:27 AM

again, I'll break it down Barney Style for you

Go here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-adv...

Copy Template, type in your answers, copy template that you completely filled out, come back into this thread, paste it, then click "Submit your reply".

We cant help you out when we dont know what your budget is and what parts you already, have and other the other jazz on the template
December 7, 2011 12:13:23 PM

I think I may have asked the wrong question.

I have decided on the fx 4100 and I just want to know what gpu and memory to pair it up with so I won't have a bottleneck.
December 7, 2011 12:30:29 PM

6870 < GTX 560ti < 6950
December 7, 2011 3:46:50 PM

Thanks to cutebeans and nekko. I think I will go with the 6870, mobo and ram from nekko's post. Are there any reviews that I should look at before ordering the parts?
December 7, 2011 6:21:10 PM

Glad I could help :D 

The only thing I see is about drivers: "OK and now for the bad. Since I always like installing the new drivers, I went to Asus's website and downloaded the entire set of drivers and bios from the website. I had a hell of a time install the chipset. I probably put together 200 computers so installing the drivers for the chipset shoulda been a no brainer, but in ordered to do so you need to extract the file and then go into the folder under Windows 7 (OS I am using) then manually click on the drivers folder then to setup. Do not click on the Asussetup as it will hang and not install the chipset. I thought I did something wrong and was operating the computer with a lot of errors since the Chipset was not installed properly."

But that really is nothing.. kind of common knowledge.

Also download the GPU driver off their website, I would not use the CD it comes with. Always go online and get the updated drivers.

!