How to disable FDD on AsRock Z77 Pro3?

So my Windows 7 installation keeps hanging on "Setup is starting..." forever, and a solution posted was to disable the floppy disk drive port since it's not being used. I'm kinda a newbie as this is my first PC Build, so thanks for the help.
6 answers Last reply
More about disable asrock pro3
  1. Is SATA set to AHCI or IDE in BIOS? If AHCI, switch to IDE and see if it does work.
  2. Thanks, that worked! But there's a new problem that came up. When I try to format a partition, I get the error "Failed to format the selected partition. [Error: 0x80070057]."
  3. Try installing firstly the Intel SATA driver.
    Then try using Disk management for deleting, shrinking or formatting the volume/partition.
  4. How would you go about doing this?
  5. Download the SATA driver from ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/Intel/SATA/RapidStorage_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7(v11.6.0.1030).zip
    and install it.
    Right click Computer, choose Manage, then Disk Management.
    Right click the partition/volume you want to format and choose format. If not working, click delete and create a new one.
    See if it does work this way. Make sure you save the necessary data from the partition you want to format and to not format/delete a wrong partition/volume. All data on it would be lost.
  6. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/217073

You really SHOULD be using AHCI if possible however.

*Make sure no other hard drives are installed.

**If the hard drive issue continues, try to WRITE ZEROS to it. One of the tools in www.ultimatebootcd.com does this. (this gets rid of any formatting that may cause issues.)
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Windows 7 Motherboards