Closed Solved

No power to Keyboard, Mouse, No signal to monitor

Hello all! I am new to these forums, and I joined because of a problem I've had.

I finished building my first, new rig a week ago, and it was working fine until a few days ago, when I tried booting it up there was no signal to the monitor, or keyboard & mouse.
I tried doing a few things like checking if the pins were bent.

The mobo i got was an MSI 770-G45, and since it has something which allows you to see how much power is being consumed by the CPU with LEDs, I think the motherboard is working.
I reseated the GPU(GTX 560), and checked if the power pins for the CPU & GPU were in.

Can anyone help? I'm really stressed out about this as it took me forever to raise the funds to build my rig.

Here are specs:

MSI 770-G45
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Galaxy Nvidia GTX 560
Coolermaster extreme power plus 700w
8GB of ram
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power keyboard mouse signal monitor
  1. Do any of the fans begin to spin when you press the power button?
  2. Yep, Which makes me think it's not the PSU, as all the fans spin, including the GPU's and the CPU's.
  3. do you have a bios beep at start up
  4. No Beeps, Never had a beep
  5. then recheck everything all the connector the momory stichs and the graphic card could be something loose that cut the power
  6. Allright, I'll be checking the power.
  7. I reseated the GPU & The Ramsticks, anything I might be missing?
  8. Best answer
    does the 4 pins power is plug in motherboard did you touch the overclock switch on the board, try a cmos reset with power off by removing the battery and replace her backand if this is not working you will have to rma board
  9. scout_03 said:
    does the 4 pins power is plug in motherboard did you touch the overclock switch on the board, try a cmos reset with power off by removing the battery and replace her backand if this is not working you will have to rma board

Worked! Thank you so much! Now I have another thing to get to! =D
  10. Best answer selected by Goldenarc.
  11. I've got exactly the same problem. New build with AMD FX 8350 ona Gigabyrte GA990XA UD3 motherboard and a MSI 7850 card. Was working fine but then today it powers on (lights, fan DVD etc but no keyboard mouse or monitor. I tried checking all the power connections (I got a 6 pin power feed to the card and the 24 pin plus a 4 pin 12v connector) and memory. I even tried resetting the CMos as suggested but still nothing. Any suggestions?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Components