Do Asus Motherboards Support OS X Mountain Lion?

ericcao1999

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
So, I am planning to build a new computer this summer. I got the components and things all set up already, but I suddenly thought about triple booting the system with Windows 7, OS X Mountain Lion, and Ubuntu. However, using my prior knowledge only Gigabyte motherboards support OS X to make Hackintoshes. The motherboard I want to use is the Maximus V Formula. I know it is a very high-end motherboard and I don't want to buy such an expensive motherboard that doesn't support OS X. If it doesn't work, can you tell me other Asus motherboards that'll work? Sorry, I simply like Asus better than Gigabyte because they are better and look better. If you can, can you give me some tips in getting a triple boot (For example, how to make the homescreen look better and it I need a specific software to do it)? Thanks.

My components AS OF NOW:
-Intel i7 3770K
-Maximus V Formula
-EVGA Geforce GTX 660 (big chance of getting the Ti version)
-WD Caviar Black 1 TB
-Corsair AX760i
-Corsair H100
-Asus X22 DVD Blu-Ray Burner
-A Couple of Fans
-Corsair C70 Vengeance Case
-NZXT Aperture M Card Reader

Thanks again!!!

jokyteddy

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I have a similar build like yours.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
i7 3770k
GTX 670
I sucessfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on it a week ago using UniBeast + Multibeast.
The GTX 670 worked right out of the box, didn't even need any kext for it.
But you might need kext for the Intel Lan and USB 3.0

ericcao1999

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

thanks man the asus sabertooth z77 is a choice too i kinda just wanted built in audio so i didnt need to get a sound card

ericcao1999

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

thanks man i know theres a way even if its not listed, but i dont want it to be so complicated

Deangelo Lawson

Honorable
May 2, 2013

dude people have been making Hackintosh Custom Built PC's since mid 1990's. What are you talking about, before you put info on the net, atleast make sure you know what your info your putting out there

kaydpea

Honorable
May 4, 2013

i sort of feel like the title "motherboard expert" should be removed for being so incredibly wrong here.