GT4 BACKUP

IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
AND HOW?

No it is impossible...

GT4 wrote:
> IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
> AND HOW?

no program or crack?

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
> No it is impossible...
>

> GT4 wrote:
> > IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
> > AND HOW?

Oh... but it is possible. You have 2 options. There is a exploite available
which will let you play it from a hard drive. Or you have to have the DMS4
mod chip installed and flashed with the latest Toxic bios. The mod chip
supports dvd+r dl. I use the mod chip and have my gt4 and god of war backed
up.

I have a mod chip but the PAL dvd from GT4 is 8.5 GB and copy proteced.

So I don't know how I can backup him tro the copy protection!

"WILLIAM HETRICK" <bhetrick@verizon.net> schreef in bericht

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>> No it is impossible...
>>

>> GT4 wrote:
>> > IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
>> > AND HOW?
>> >

> Oh... but it is possible. You have 2 options. There is a exploite
> available
> which will let you play it from a hard drive. Or you have to have the DMS4
> mod chip installed and flashed with the latest Toxic bios. The mod chip
> supports dvd+r dl. I use the mod chip and have my gt4 and god of war
> backed
> up.

BlackKnight

"GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
> AND HOW?

Are you really so clumsy that you need to make backups of your CDs?

owen

"GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
> AND HOW?

More to the point.... WHY ?

BlackKnight

"Owen" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message

> "GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
>> AND HOW?
>
> More to the point.... WHY ?

Probably because he's some clumsy oaf who can't be bothered to look after
his discs, either that or he's one of those people who rents his games and
makes copies to keep!

BlackKnight wrote:
> "Owen" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>
>>"GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
>>>AND HOW?
>>
>>More to the point.... WHY ?
>>

> Probably because he's some clumsy oaf who can't be bothered to look after
> his discs, either that or he's one of those people who rents his games and
> makes copies to keep!

I would bet on this being the case...

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Owen wrote:
> "GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
>>AND HOW?
>

> More to the point.... WHY ?

it does bug me though.
I shell out $100 buck or so for a game and then
awhile later something happens to the disk
and I've nothing left - and they are easy to damage.
I've even had DVD rot a couple of times (on movies not games).
Most stores dont have a return policy because of the pirates.

The first thing I always do now is put the disc in a slip wallet
which holds 20 or so discs and put the case (and receipt) in a
drawer. The plastic cases are the worst things for accidently
scratching the disc.

And with the games the kids play I tend to backup to CD-R or
HDD or DVD-R if possible as they often leave them on the carpet
and the rugrat has a chew on them...

BlackKnight

"michael" <michael@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Owen wrote:
>> "GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
>>>AND HOW?
>>

>> More to the point.... WHY ?
> it does bug me though.
> I shell out $100 buck or so for a game and then
> awhile later something happens to the disk
> and I've nothing left - and they are easy to damage.

They may be easy to damage but they are just as easy to protect. I've had
CDs and DVDs since they first appeared and I've never had any problems with
them because of damage. As long as you keep them in the case when they
aren't in the machine you don't have problems.

owen

"michael" <michael@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Owen wrote:
>> "GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>IS IT POSIBLE TO MAKE A BACKUP FROM GT4?
>>>AND HOW?
>>

>> More to the point.... WHY ?
> it does bug me though.
> I shell out $100 buck or so for a game and then
> awhile later something happens to the disk
> and I've nothing left - and they are easy to damage.
> I've even had DVD rot a couple of times (on movies not games).
> Most stores dont have a return policy because of the pirates.
>
> The first thing I always do now is put the disc in a slip wallet
> which holds 20 or so discs and put the case (and receipt) in a
> drawer. The plastic cases are the worst things for accidently
> scratching the disc.
>
> And with the games the kids play I tend to backup to CD-R or
> HDD or DVD-R if possible as they often leave them on the carpet
> and the rugrat has a chew on them...

For God's sake man - there is no need to make copies, just look after your
original discs properly, treat them with respect and don't let your kids get
hold of them.

That's all !

Owen

Owen wrote:
> "michael" <michael@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>
>>Owen wrote:
>>
>>>"GT4" <harley172@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>More to the point.... WHY ?
>>
>>it does bug me though.
>>I shell out $100 buck or so for a game and then
>>awhile later something happens to the disk
>>and I've nothing left - and they are easy to damage.
>>I've even had DVD rot a couple of times (on movies not games).
>>Most stores dont have a return policy because of the pirates.
>>
>>The first thing I always do now is put the disc in a slip wallet
>>which holds 20 or so discs and put the case (and receipt) in a
>>drawer. The plastic cases are the worst things for accidently
>>scratching the disc.
>>
>>And with the games the kids play I tend to backup to CD-R or
>>HDD or DVD-R if possible as they often leave them on the carpet
>>and the rugrat has a chew on them...
>>

> For God's sake man - there is no need to make copies, just look after your
> original discs properly, treat them with respect and don't let your kids get
> hold of them.
>
> That's all !
>
> Owen

Yep...any reasoning for doing it is nothing more than a cop out for
thier own lack of responsibility.