My new build can not run games.

I can do anything else on this build with no problems. When i try to play a game it shuts off 5 minutes in. I think its the PSU.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor

GPU: ZOTAC 560 ti amp edition

MB: ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

PSU: SILVERSTONE Strider Essential series ST60F-ES 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
6 answers Last reply
More about build games
  1. I just realized how cheap my PSU is. It's cheaper than my old 550W Antec.
    Should i just replace the PSU?
  2. Might want to check your ram- i had this issue the last time i built the computer im currently on- could play for a few minutes and then it would kick me outta the game, and sometimes reboot. I thought it was the videocard at first, but outta habbit i went ahead and double checked everything and when i pulled a stick of ram out, suddenly i could run a game as long as i wanted.
  3. blacksci said:
    Might want to check your ram- i had this issue the last time i built the computer im currently on- could play for a few minutes and then it would kick me outta the game, and sometimes reboot. I thought it was the videocard at first, but outta habbit i went ahead and double checked everything and when i pulled a stick of ram out, suddenly i could run a game as long as i wanted.

I will give this a try right now.
  4. i would say definitely replace the PSU, that is the one item in the rig that you don't want to flake out on, buy a decent PSU and it can last for many years/rigs.
  5. temporarily under clock the video card ( ram and proc ) card could be getting too hot. some of the 560's were real crap. some had bootleg chips on them. others insufficient cooling.
  6. Problem solved, thanks guys. It was the PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems