Nvidia GPU 1.5 Inches or Less in Height?

Hi, I am looking for a Nvidia GPU for Dedicated PhysX that is 1.5 Inches or less in height.

Is that really small for a Nvidia card?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about nvidia inches height
  1. I think most gpu's in general are 1.5in.
  2. Are you talking one slot or two slot wide . If you have a card that takes up two slots then that's what it takes up. You have to go back a ways to get single slot cards. It's because now all the cards use some sort of heatsink fan combination and that is what takes up the extra slot. If you were doing water cooling you can get a single slot solution.
  3. yeh im talking about the size of the cooler and the room i have left under my primary card. that is classed as height isn't it? i haven't been reading websites wrong? :)
  4. WindowsDOS said:
    I think most gpu's in general are 1.5in.

    are they? I have seen websites saying 4 inches... Nvidia's site says 3.75 in height.
  5. im thinking maybe i have got the specifications of some cards wrong.

    Length is obviously the length of the card horizontally across when it is in your case.

    Depth is how big the card is from the mobo to the opening of your case, yes?

    are width & height the same thing?

    the problem is different websites class them differently.
  6. Depth would be how high the card extends from the motherboard slot towards the side of the case (perpendicular to the motherboard)
    width is how many expansion slots it would use or cover.

    Depth and height are the same things.
  7. PcGamingRig said:
    im thinking maybe i have got the specifications of some cards wrong.

    Length is obviously the length of the card horizontally across when it is in your case.

    Depth is how big the card is from the mobo to the opening of your case, yes?

    are width & height the same thing?

    the problem is different websites class them differently.


    PcGamingRig said:
    yeh im talking about the size of the cooler and the room i have left under my primary card. that is classed as height isn't it? i haven't been reading websites wrong? :)



    What you are refering to when you say height is actually the width or thickness of the card. When you take the case side off and look at the motherboard you see the video cards and what you are looking at is how wide they are , the height is the distance from the motherboard to the case side and the length is from the front to back of the case. So if a card is 1.5" wide it is 1.5" thick.
  8. clarkjd said:
    Depth would be how high the card extends from the motherboard slot towards the side of the case (perpendicular to the motherboard)
    width is how many expansion slots it would use or cover.

    Depth and height are the same things.
    thank you, i'd been getting height confused with width... :heink:
  9. inzone said:
    What you are refering to when you say height is actually the width or thickness of the card. When you take the case side off and look at the motherboard you see the video cards and what you are looking at is how wide they are , the height is the distance from the motherboard to the case side and the length is from the front to back of the case. So if a card is 1.5" wide it is 1.5" thick.
    so is 1.5 the standard width like the guy at the start of the thread said?
  10. yeah, like I said. 1.5in is the standard, if you mean the thickness.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Physx Nvidia Graphics