ASRock Extreme6 Z77 No Post, No Dr. Debug

creedy

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
So I picked up this motherboard originally a month ago. I was putting a new system together through Newegg and Tom gave it good reviews. I put the machine together and everything works great for about two days. I am in the middle of playing Farcry 3 and it just shuts off. I hard reset the PC and now only the fans come on (CPU, Chassis, GPU) but no post, no Dr. Debug codes, everything is dead. I pull the machine take it apart and start from the ground up on the static package it came in.

So I test the following
- Meter the PSU (OCZ Modstream 750w) and both 5/12v test good or above normal
- Plug in one memory stick and cpu and PSU... cpu fan comes up, psu fan comes up... no Dr. Debug lights or anything... plug in a speaker from the case... nothing, no beeps... zero.

At this point in my head, it has to be the MB. So I send it back to Newegg RMA... pay for shipping, 10 day turn around (3 there, 2 to re-ship, weekend, 3 back).

I get the motherboard today, put everything together... same thing happens. So at this point I am punching holes in my wall in the garage. So I take the motherboard and I check the pins on the CPU... I notice up in the top middle there is ONE pin that seems to be bent. So I call ASRock support, I go through the entire situation with him... let him know there is a bent pin and he thinks that it is the issue. great. :sarcastic:

So I then call Newegg and talk to the RMA folks... explain that I use this computer for work... and that I will be down another 10 days... and he says basically "to bad".

So I guess my question is, before I ship this back tomorrow again on my own dime... will a single bent pin on the motherboard cause a computer to power up but not post or fire off the Dr. Debug codes... or would it not? If there is something else I can try... I would appreciate it:

ASRock Extreme6 Z77
OCZ Modstream 750w PSU
Sapphire 7950 Video Card
32gig Gskill Ram
I5 3570k CPU

Thanks,

creedy

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I get zero beeps, and zero Dr. Debug lights... it basically just starts the fan...

I don't know how to post a pic on here. I have one taken with the pin I think is the culprit... I am just going to send it back for another RMA... if i get another bad board I am going to get a refund and go with another solution. Going three weeks without a CPU because of manufacture defects really sucks.