PS2 Online Games

Hi

I have recently bought a network adapter and got my PS2 online. What
games are worth buying with a strong online community. The only one I
seem to see mentioned frequently is Socom 2. I like first person
shooters, racing games, or football games. I don't mind how old they are
as long as you can still get a game online easy enough. Thanks.

Ian
7 answers Last reply
More about online games

    The bulk of the online games the online aspect dies off fairly soon
    after release. SOCOM and SOCOM2 are probably THE most active still of
    any of them. That and maybe Madden or 2k5 football or Tiger Woods...have
    not been online in any of the last few though in quite sometime.

    Ian Hutchinson wrote:

    > I have recently bought a network adapter and got my PS2 online. What
    > games are worth buying with a strong online community. The only one I
    > seem to see mentioned frequently is Socom 2. I like first person
    > shooters, racing games, or football games.

    Sports-wise, Burnout 3, TOCA 2, Tony Hawks 4 and FIFA 2004/5 are
    reasonably active... I play them all online fairly regularly.

    massivegrooves wrote:

    > The bulk of the online games the online aspect dies off fairly soon
    > after release. SOCOM and SOCOM2 are probably THE most active still of
    > any of them. That and maybe Madden or 2k5 football or Tiger Woods...have
    > not been online in any of the last few though in quite sometime.

    Sadly the PAL version of Madden doesn't have online play :/

    Calum Benson wrote:
    > massivegrooves wrote:
    >

    >> The bulk of the online games the online aspect dies off fairly soon
    >> after release. SOCOM and SOCOM2 are probably THE most active still of
    >> any of them. That and maybe Madden or 2k5 football or Tiger
    >> Woods...have not been online in any of the last few though in quite
    >> sometime.
    >

    > Sadly the PAL version of Madden doesn't have online play :/

    Is this person in the UK...I didn't catch that, sorry.

    massivegrooves wrote:

    > Calum Benson wrote:
    >
    >> massivegrooves wrote:
    >>

    >>> The bulk of the online games the online aspect dies off fairly soon
    >>> after release. SOCOM and SOCOM2 are probably THE most active still of
    >>> any of them. That and maybe Madden or 2k5 football or Tiger
    >>> Woods...have not been online in any of the last few though in quite
    >>> sometime.
    >>

    >> Sadly the PAL version of Madden doesn't have online play :/
    >

    > Is this person in the UK...I didn't catch that, sorry.

    Hi

    Yes I am in the UK. Is Socom 2 good online and still being played and is
    it worth getting the headset version. Ta.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Get KILLZONE...that's all ya need!!

    "Calum Benson" <calum.benson@nospampleaseimscottish.iol.ie> wrote in message
    > Ian Hutchinson wrote:
    > >
    > > I have recently bought a network adapter and got my PS2 online. What
    > > games are worth buying with a strong online community. The only one I
    > > seem to see mentioned frequently is Socom 2. I like first person
    > > shooters, racing games, or football games.
    >
    > Sports-wise, Burnout 3, TOCA 2, Tony Hawks 4 and FIFA 2004/5 are
    > reasonably active... I play them all online fairly regularly.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Games