Internet Problems

Divey1130

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
I have been expiriencing some connection problems lately. I noticed it after I reinstalled xp on one of my computers. Here is the issue: I have 2 desktop pc's using a modem that goes to a router. From the router the cables go to each computer. Before I did the reinstall I had made a home network so I could access files from each computer. I also have a laptop that I connect with using the network i created. Now after the reinstall of xp, the connections seems to not work, then work, then not work. My other desktop works like normal as well as the laptop. I can even see the name of my network when I connect through my laptop. Now I can't remember how to add my computer back into the network. I am thinking that is why I am having this connection problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Terry

Divey1130

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

How do I make them to the same workgroup? Is it the same as changing the computers name. I had help setting it up so I don't understand how to go about doing this.

tosyn290

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Hello, I use windows vista and av being using my modem and fone 2 browse wit pc suite. But it later tellin me "error 638: remote server not responding in a timely version". I tink dis is due 2 d fact a new com port is registered weneva i remove and reinstall d modem and fone. Pls help