Sign in with
Your question

Internet Problems

Last response: in Networking
January 6, 2011 2:25:38 AM

I have been expiriencing some connection problems lately. I noticed it after I reinstalled xp on one of my computers. Here is the issue: I have 2 desktop pc's using a modem that goes to a router. From the router the cables go to each computer. Before I did the reinstall I had made a home network so I could access files from each computer. I also have a laptop that I connect with using the network i created. Now after the reinstall of xp, the connections seems to not work, then work, then not work. My other desktop works like normal as well as the laptop. I can even see the name of my network when I connect through my laptop. Now I can't remember how to add my computer back into the network. I am thinking that is why I am having this connection problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Terry

More about : internet problems

January 6, 2011 6:50:49 AM

Divey1130 said:
I have been expiriencing some connection problems lately. I noticed it after I reinstalled xp on one of my computers. Here is the issue: I have 2 desktop pc's using a modem that goes to a router. From the router the cables go to each computer. Before I did the reinstall I had made a home network so I could access files from each computer. I also have a laptop that I connect with using the network i created. Now after the reinstall of xp, the connections seems to not work, then work, then not work. My other desktop works like normal as well as the laptop. I can even see the name of my network when I connect through my laptop. Now I can't remember how to add my computer back into the network. I am thinking that is why I am having this connection problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Terry

Hi Divey1130,

Have check the Workgroup of your both Computers ?
in one Network all Computers Workgroup need same then they will become in Same Network & and also try to Reconfigured your Computer Network.
m
l
January 6, 2011 7:01:26 AM

purushottamaher said:
Hi Divey1130,

Have check the Workgroup of your both Computers ?
in one Network all Computers Workgroup need same then they will become in Same Network & and also try to Reconfigured your Computer Network.

How do I make them to the same workgroup? Is it the same as changing the computers name. I had help setting it up so I don't understand how to go about doing this.
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2011 5:37:50 AM

Divey1130 said:
How do I make them to the same workgroup? Is it the same as changing the computers name. I had help setting it up so I don't understand how to go about doing this.

to change Workgroup or Computer Name follow given Steps-:

1. Close all applications and check that you are logged in with Administrator Privileges.
2. Click on Start then select the Control Panel.
3. Click Performance And Maintenance
4. Click on the Computer Name tab. There is Computer Name and Workgroup are displayed
5. To change the Computer Name or the Workgroup, click Change
6. Enter a name for your Computer in the Computer Name field
7. Enter a name for your Workgroup in the Workgroup field
8. Click OK
9. If you Changed
Your Workgroup name, a window will welcome you to the new Workgroup
10. Click OK
11. when a window prompts you to restart the computer, click OK
Restart Your Computer.

thats it ...
m
l
January 11, 2011 2:55:19 PM

Hello, I use windows vista and av being using my modem and fone 2 browse wit pc suite. But it later tellin me "error 638: remote server not responding in a timely version". I tink dis is due 2 d fact a new com port is registered weneva i remove and reinstall d modem and fone. Pls help
m
l
!