Sign in with
Your question

What different between motherboards ?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 17, 2013 5:39:42 AM

is there any different between using normal motherboard with 100$ price or using high end motherboard with 500$ price in gpu like 680 or higher

More about : motherboards

a c 162 V Motherboard
January 17, 2013 5:43:58 AM

alssandro1001 said:
is there any different between using normal motherboard with 100$ price or using high end motherboard with 500$ price in gpu like 680 or higher

This is a VERY unspecific question, easy to answer but has a very long explanation. Give me the board you are looking at and I can tell you if its good or bad and why. Then I can suggest a better board or cheaper one depending. Its all about a balance between reliability, functionality and price.
January 17, 2013 5:44:24 AM

Higher priced mobo's tend to have more features, stuff like better OCing, more ports and plug-ins and slightly faster speeds. But for the most part a $100 mobo is plenty for the non OCing user. As far as GPU and the like it will depend on a mobo to mobo basis, looking at what PCIe slots are included and the like.

Do you have specific mobos you're looking at?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2013 5:48:23 AM

See the chipset and Oc capabilities (other options not important).
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2013 5:51:20 AM

if you're asking if a GPU will benefit more from an expensive board, on it's own, the answer is simply no. so feel free to pair a cheap B75 board with a 670/7970.

however, if you're overclocking the CPU, the board plays a bit of a factor in performance, as a more expensive board would have a better OCing capability.
January 17, 2013 5:57:19 AM

I'm using 680 with Z77 D3H , I bought it about 145$ , and it work ok . But for future and with big games , it is ok
January 17, 2013 6:01:52 AM

Hazle said:
if you're asking if a GPU will benefit more from an expensive board, on it's own, the answer is simply no. so feel free to pair a cheap B75 board with a 670/7970.

however, if you're overclocking the CPU, the board plays a bit of a factor in performance, as a more expensive board would have a better OCing capability.

That the answer am looking for ...

Thank you guys
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2013 6:02:41 AM

Z77 chipset is the last (now) chipset for upto I7 processor in 1155 series so no problem it give max performance in all games .
No one no about future but its enough for upto 3years.
!