What different between motherboards ?

is there any different between using normal motherboard with 100$ price or using high end motherboard with 500$ price in gpu like 680 or higher
8 answers Last reply
More about what motherboards
  1. alssandro1001 said:
    is there any different between using normal motherboard with 100$ price or using high end motherboard with 500$ price in gpu like 680 or higher

This is a VERY unspecific question, easy to answer but has a very long explanation. Give me the board you are looking at and I can tell you if its good or bad and why. Then I can suggest a better board or cheaper one depending. Its all about a balance between reliability, functionality and price.
  2. Higher priced mobo's tend to have more features, stuff like better OCing, more ports and plug-ins and slightly faster speeds. But for the most part a $100 mobo is plenty for the non OCing user. As far as GPU and the like it will depend on a mobo to mobo basis, looking at what PCIe slots are included and the like.

Do you have specific mobos you're looking at?
  3. See the chipset and Oc capabilities (other options not important).
  4. if you're asking if a GPU will benefit more from an expensive board, on it's own, the answer is simply no. so feel free to pair a cheap B75 board with a 670/7970.

however, if you're overclocking the CPU, the board plays a bit of a factor in performance, as a more expensive board would have a better OCing capability.
  5. I'm using 680 with Z77 D3H , I bought it about 145$ , and it work ok . But for future and with big games , it is ok
  6. All mobos use same chipset so performance is same in all. but cost different. (bios is modified by manufacturer so processor support is lightly different) http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/AMD_990FXSB950
  7. Hazle said:
    if you're asking if a GPU will benefit more from an expensive board, on it's own, the answer is simply no. so feel free to pair a cheap B75 board with a 670/7970.

however, if you're overclocking the CPU, the board plays a bit of a factor in performance, as a more expensive board would have a better OCing capability.

That the answer am looking for ...

Thank you guys
  8. Z77 chipset is the last (now) chipset for upto I7 processor in 1155 series so no problem it give max performance in all games .
    No one no about future but its enough for upto 3years.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards GPUs