Realtek HD Audio Manager outputting 50% of my CPU

Hello, I've noticed that my laptop is constantly getting a thermal shutdown going over 90 Degrees Celsius, I looked into it and it appears that Realtek HD Audio Manager was the cause of a lot of my problems. It was using 50% of my CPU's power and even on hard surfaces it overheated. Is there any way I can change this?
4 answers Last reply
More about realtek audio manager outputting
  1. Question: Are you overheating because the Realteck software is stuck at 50%, or is the software stuck at 50% because you are overheating?

Its very unlikely the audio software could possibly be doing that much work, but update drivers just to be safe.
  2. I'm overheating because Realtek is at 50%.

I updated Realtek HD Audio Drivers and there was no effect. I'll proceed to update the rest of them and report back.
  3. Updated my drives and restarted my computer. The amount of CPU being used has drastically lowered to a minimal 2%.
  4. it is a strange beast t can do a lot that is very impressive and some not so much sometimes it goes swimmingly and thw sound just diiews when i click the mouse on nothing.its like the rt ic can go into an infinite loopand refuses to process any audio. i do not think the rt sub systems were tested very well, but consdering the functionality, from a learning perspective is very good although dropouts are always serious. thereare alot of high resolution settings that may chew up a lot of cpu not to mention the demands on the dacs when these parameters are changed.the rt system emulates really expensive professional effects that are found in racks. the rt system cannot be used by professionals because it only has really course settings and kas problems with drop-outs as mentioned above, still it provides a valuable first look at effects found in some of the best studios, it will teach me somethings or beat me to a bloody pulp, im not sure which yet. now this 17inch lowv budget system hasan internal io rate approaching 100mb persecond thanks to a pcie busbut only 4 cores that limp along at 2.8ghz and not nearly enough
    ram yet. so depending on what its being fed the parameters set and as yet undefined highpriority interrruptsit may choke off the audio streams entirely while chewing up more cpu trying to clear a lockup brought about by a state not anticipated. i will contnue to research, this little monster.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Realtek Audio