Thumbnails in Explorer

Hi,

Firstly, can anyone point me at a mechanism that will allow me to
globally disable the automatic generation of Thumbnails in Explorer?

Secondly, is it possible to delete all previously created explorer
thumbnails?

Regards, Andrew Borland (UK)

Don't use thumbnail view. Search for thumbs.db and delete them all.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"Andrew Borland" <newsmonger@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:VA.00000034.00c72e8a@btinternet.com...
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, can anyone point me at a mechanism that will allow me to
> globally disable the automatic generation of Thumbnails in Explorer?
>
> Secondly, is it possible to delete all previously created explorer
> thumbnails?
>
> Regards, Andrew Borland (UK)

Thanks David,

But now my question becomes: "How do I not use thumbnail view?".

Thumbnail view appears to be being automatically selected for newly
created folders containing TIF files even though my default view is
supposed to be "details". In fact I have NEVER asked for a folder to
be displayed in Thumbnail view!

Imagine the scenario: I have a folder containing TIF files, in detail
view, which I copy. When I open the copy it is in Thumbnail view.
Argh!!

Regards, Andrew Borland (UK)