BIOS won't detect SATA drives on new build

SupraStoob

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Ok, so I know this question gets asked a bunch of times on these forums but I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

So I recently finished a new build and was trying to install windows 7 to finish it. The first problem was that the the computer wouldn't run the win 7 OS from the disc I burned it on. I made several more discs and even replaced the optical drive to see if it would work, it didn't. So instead I put the OS on an external hard drive, plugged it into the usb and it ran. But the OS didn't see the HDD and only saw the external hard drive. So I went to check the bios to see if the HDD was even seen and I don't think it was. When I check the IDE Master and slave components, all I see are a bunch of nones for all of them, also I don't feel or hear the HDD spin when I boot the computer on, yet the optical drive light comes on and is able to open and close, and the HDD and optical drive are connected through the same cord to the psu. I've tried plugging the HDD to different SATA ports, changing the SATA cable, and set the BIOS back to defaults. The HDD should work since before it was used in my other computer as extra space, and I was able to open and save to it fine. Not sure if this had something to do with it but I reformatted it to clear everything off it for the new build.

I have no idea what is wrong and just really wanna get my computer up and running, any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the specs.
CPU- Core i5 2500k
PSU- Fatality 550w
Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory- Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Video Card- Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card
CaseNZXT- Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case