Looking to upgrade for the future...

First off, I apologize for my "Lack-there-of" due diligence on this matter. Im looking to assemble a new computer and will have anywere from $2500-$6000 to spend. Of course im trying to get the best bang for my buck "possibly buy mid-grade stuff now, i.e. 2x GTX 660ti SLI" and upgrade to new technology in the future. I have assembled in my Newegg cart a pretty awesome setup for $2800 with an 1155 socket MOBO. At the very least, I'd rather spend big dough on a MOBO fr the future so I can upgrade the sh*t out of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any future technologies I should wait for?? Much thanks!

-Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about looking upgrade future
  1. Next Gen Haswell processors will need new mobos because they are getting new sockets, you might as well wait for them since you plan on spending so much :)
    Read the confirmed features
    " Intel is expected to release CPUs based on this microarchitecture around March to June 2013 according to leaked roadmaps"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haswell_(microarchitecture)#Confirmed_new_features
  2. With a budget like that, I think you should go for X79 chipset Sandy Bridge-E motherboard.
  3. Ill definitely look into it, thanks! Still open to suggestions ><
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards