GoW: What color is your disc???

Last response: in Video Games
April 16, 2005 6:31:15 PM

Seriously, what color is it?

I need to find out if they've released any God of War disc that ARE
NOT gold.

Some people's playstations can't play blue discs; in a twist of luck,
mine can't play the gold sided ones.

Is there any silver editions out there? I've rented this thing twice,
and can't get it to work for the world. And i'm not too interested in
buying a brand new system just for one game. Would rather hold my
money for the PS3.

More about : gow color disc

April 16, 2005 8:19:45 PM

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:31:15 GMT, raisingCAINE
<blackstarr26@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there any silver editions out there?

No, God of War is a double layer DVD discs just like MGS2: Substance,
Xenosaga, and Gran Turismo 4 among a few others.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 1:56:41 AM

"raisingCAINE" <blackstarr26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Seriously, what color is it?
>
> I need to find out if they've released any God of War disc that ARE
> NOT gold.
>
> Some people's playstations can't play blue discs; in a twist of luck,
> mine can't play the gold sided ones.

You won't find different color discs of the same game. The disc color
represents whether it's a CD (purple), or a single or double layer DVD
(silver and gold, respectively).

The reason your PS2 won't read those is that there's a little gear that
moves the laser lens up and down to different positions for different media,
and it's not doing it right. It can be fixed, by Sony or by someone else,
shouldn't be hard to find. Or you could do what I did. My poor PS2 now has
a hole in the top, I've marked the proper places for that gear's rotation to
play CDs and DVDs, and I manually put it in the right place when I put the
disc in the system.
April 20, 2005 2:00:33 PM

"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "raisingCAINE" <blackstarr26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Seriously, what color is it?
> >
> > I need to find out if they've released any God of War disc that ARE
> > NOT gold.
> >
> > Some people's playstations can't play blue discs; in a twist of luck,
> > mine can't play the gold sided ones.
>
> You won't find different color discs of the same game. The disc color
> represents whether it's a CD (purple), or a single or double layer DVD
> (silver and gold, respectively).
>
> The reason your PS2 won't read those is that there's a little gear that
> moves the laser lens up and down to different positions for different
media,
> and it's not doing it right. It can be fixed, by Sony or by someone else,
> shouldn't be hard to find. Or you could do what I did. My poor PS2 now
has
> a hole in the top, I've marked the proper places for that gear's rotation
> play CDs and DVDs, and I manually put it in the right place when I put the
> disc in the system.

You get todays Macgyver award. Nice work
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 4:57:49 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:00:33 +0700, "Ragemaster Randy"
<vivasawadee@yahoo.comski> wrote:

>"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "raisingCAINE" <blackstarr26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Seriously, what color is it?
>> >
>> > I need to find out if they've released any God of War disc that ARE
>> > NOT gold.
>> >
>> > Some people's playstations can't play blue discs; in a twist of luck,
>> > mine can't play the gold sided ones.
>>
>> You won't find different color discs of the same game. The disc color
>> represents whether it's a CD (purple), or a single or double layer DVD
>> (silver and gold, respectively).
>>
>> The reason your PS2 won't read those is that there's a little gear that
>> moves the laser lens up and down to different positions for different
>media,
>> and it's not doing it right. It can be fixed, by Sony or by someone else,
>> shouldn't be hard to find. Or you could do what I did. My poor PS2 now
>has
>> a hole in the top, I've marked the proper places for that gear's rotation
>> play CDs and DVDs, and I manually put it in the right place when I put the
>> disc in the system.
>>

>You get todays Macgyver award. Nice work

And no mentioning it in another television program you so happen to be
on - Damn, too late.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 6:47:36 PM

"NightStar" <x.x@x.x> wrote in message

> >You get todays Macgyver award. Nice work
> >

> And no mentioning it in another television program you so happen to be
> on - Damn, too late.

I'm on TV? I don't watch TV, I'm afraid your joke went *whoooosh*. :-)
!