Sign in with
Your question

CyberPowerPC Delivered, Without Case Fans?

Last response: in Systems
December 7, 2011 11:24:21 PM

Hello, I recently purchased my build from CyberPower, and it was placed on back-order for a while due to Bulldozer FX-8150's being out of stock. Finally, last night my new PC arrived, and worked great. I had just downloaded Team Fortress 2 and cranked it up, as it's not very intensive anyway, to take a ride. About 30 minutes later the build locked up, and I sat there for about 60 seconds, and then forced a shutdown and turned it back on. After over 60 seconds, it was still at 80 degrees Celsius. I began to panic. I hurridly opened my PC, and it turned out to have not a single case fan, and it should, as I ordered it WITH case fans, and the case was a ThermalTake Commander. It has no fans, just grills and the liquid cooling system for the CPU.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1468&ID=20...
Look at the specifications.

What should I do about them? I have sent them an email, so what should I do in the meantime? Have you all had computers delivered without case fans from CyberPower?
December 7, 2011 11:49:17 PM

No, I haven't had that happen but I know this is unusual for Cyberpower. I bet if you give them a chance they will work hard to correct this ASAP. Have you tried online chat through their website? This gets the quickest response in my experience.
m
l
December 7, 2011 11:50:20 PM

I have not. I shall try this now. Where do I find this? I cannot seem to find it.

EDIT: I have found this. They really try to hide it...
m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2011 11:57:02 PM

This exact thing happen to me back in 2008 and I email them and they responded eventually and then shipped the fans to me but I am from Trinidad and it cost me an extra $12 US or so to ship all in all it was OK in the end but I can't believe they are still making this mistake.
NB: I also think you should utilize their online chat along with sending them an email cover all bases!
m
l
December 8, 2011 12:58:44 AM

Do you all think the provided fans will support a 6970? I have a large fan running on it ATM and it still runs 70-75C. Do you think they will also support dual 6970s?
m
l
!