Sign in with
Your question

Corsair 1300 vs Logitech G930 vs Razer Tiamat 2.2

Last response: in Components
March 12, 2012 5:54:07 PM

1st I hope this is the right topic to post my thread under if not, my bad. I couldn't figure out where to post a topic related to headphones.

(warning, slightly long post ahead)

Now for some background info.

Recently I have been looking for a new, analog, bassier headset.
Currently I have the logitech G930 and it sounds good with full mids and crisp sharp highs but at high volumes the bass either cant keep (even with a bass-heavy EQ) to the same volume as the treble or distorts the overall sound and/or the speaker badly.
I like to listen to things at high volumes when im wearing my headsets (greater than 90% volume on my G930) and I love my bass ALOT. I'm also looking for an analog headset as I recently shelled out 100 big ones on an ASUS Xonar DX (FANTASTIC card).
I mainly listen to electronic music (house, trance, dubstep, .etc) and some rap/metal usualy while im gaming as well (sometimes I turn off the game sound because I love my music that much) and thats where the G930 lacks most. I know I will be more than happy with anything on my list for gaming audio but where I want the improvement is my music.

So now the questions:

What headset do I get or do I keep what I have?
If I should get a new one I will be selling my G930s (probably for like 90$) and using that to buy my next headset.
If i should get a new one is there anything better out there for what i want thats under 120$ish than the corsair vengeance 1300 or the razer tiamat 2.2

The bass is what im looking for. Deep, loud, headshaking bass.

Thats why I have considered both the corsair vengeance 1300 and the razer tiamat 2.2.
The CV1300 has the larger 50mm drivers that will produce more bass and less distortion but doesn't eliminate it as when using one full range driver the treble/mids will be distorted or drowned out a bit by the bass just because of the way a speaker works.
The RT2.2 has dual 40mm drivers in each can, one totaly dedicated to bass. This has more total surface area than the CV1300 and should have tighter mids/highs and better response because of the smaller drivers, granted this is an unreleased headset so I am aware that there isn't much other than speculation about it.

The only reason I ask this is because I can't try out the CV1300s or the RT2.2s before I get them and I have seen mixed reviews on the CV1300s where some say the bass is over the top (I see this as a plus as I can fine tune it w/ my soundcards EQ) and others say the bass is totaly lacking.

So could the awesome members of tomhardware point me in the direction of the best sounding, bassiest headset I can get?

I hope this wasn't too confusing (im bad at asking long detailed questions) and thanks for the help.
April 8, 2012 4:48:02 PM

If you are listening to everything at 90% volume, you won't have to worry about choosing a headset anymore...

Anyways, I think the Tiamat has the most promise. 50 mm drivers are no big deal (JVC Harx-700). I believe that the individual sub woofers will give the headset better sound.
m
l
April 11, 2012 8:02:15 AM

wigglerthefish said:
If you are listening to everything at 90% volume, you won't have to worry about choosing a headset anymore...

Anyways, I think the Tiamat has the most promise. 50 mm drivers are no big deal (JVC Harx-700). I believe that the individual sub woofers will give the headset better sound.

90% is what i would listen too on my Logitech and it wasn't that loud. was defiantly loud though. i would listen to my iPod at louder volumes. I'm not sure if it was the headset was quiet compared to most high-end headsets as the volume of my older ones were much less at 100% compared to this one.
I already decided on the tiamats. Im starting to get mad at razer as the headset was supposed to come out back in December so its tempting me to get a different one right now and call it a day. I have used razers headsets before and they are fantastic and with the closed design and the 1x40mm razer quality driver + 1x40mm razer quality sub woofers promises fantastic bass.
m
l
April 11, 2012 1:17:48 PM

specter51095 said:
90% is what i would listen too on my Logitech and it wasn't that loud. was defiantly loud though. i would listen to my iPod at louder volumes. I'm not sure if it was the headset was quiet compared to most high-end headsets as the volume of my older ones were much less at 100% compared to this one.
I already decided on the tiamats. Im starting to get mad at razer as the headset was supposed to come out back in December so its tempting me to get a different one right now and call it a day. I have used razers headsets before and they are fantastic and with the closed design and the 1x40mm razer quality driver + 1x40mm razer quality sub woofers promises fantastic bass.

Personally, I'm going to get the JVC HarX900. The Tiamat looks good though.

I'm not sure if Razer can pull off audiophile level audio, although I know they can pull off good bass (had Orcas).
m
l
!