Dead card or dead PCI-E connection?

OSpete

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hi, I feel that I've hit a bit of a brick wall here so I'm turning to someone else for a little help. As of today, whilst playing Psychonauts one of the 2 components decided to die. What happened was that the fan of the card suddenly seemed to pump upto 100% and then killed any signal to the monitor.

Restarting the system revealed that it still failed to output any signal and also beeped the code for the graphics adapter not working. But the problem being I'm unable to test either component to discover which the problem lies with.

Any help would be appreciated.

The motherboard is a P8P67-M (original), the graphics card is a GTX 550ti.

OSpete

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Thanks for the reply rolli

I've tried to reset the cmos but that didn't help, I've tried it without the graphics card but it still emits the graphics card beep, but that could be because there is no graphics card in it.

If it was a problem with the motherboard itself would it emit a different code? I've built my own systems for 7 or so year but this is the first major problem I've ever had and I'm sort of stuck.

Cheers

OSpete

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Cool, I've shot an email to ebuyer.com about it and will await to see if they'll replace it under warranty. Looking over the site though the card appears to be discontinued.

Otherwise I'm out of pocket again...

OSpete

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

Is there a way to turn this to a solved thread? Ebuyer have just got back in touch and it's still under warranty by them, so they'll replace it free of charge.

Thanks for the help.