HAF 912 3.5" bay conversion mod, suggestions?

gameranew22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hiya all, I just ordered this little bad boy 3.5" Vantec Nexus fan controller http://directron.com/nxp205bk.html but have already used up the packaged 3.5" grill/bay that comes with Haf 912 for my USB 3.0 ports.

I'm thinking I can take a dremel and just cut away the remaining open bay grill that I have (it's got it's own 3.5" frame inset inside so it shouldn't be too hard to guide) but I'm not the most confident dremel-ist:)P) and was wondering if people have tips/tutorials for a minor mod like this that they could share with me so I don't chop apart my case wantonly.

Thanks all!

gameranew22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
thanks though, I wonder if a dremel would even be the best for this... the inset frame is set to a 3.5" bay anyways (leaving the outer aesthetics of the grill so it still looks nice) so theoretically it shouldn't bee too hard to just slice through that all. But, as I've mentioned, I'm a *** dremel-ist.

gameranew22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I was planning on it! I'll keep ya updated when it eventually gets here; where would be the best place to keep the log up on Tom's (or wherever would be best for people who care to see it?)

TRENDING THREADS