A quiet graphics card?!

Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my system when the AMD 7000 series is released, I'll get a HD 7870/HD 7950/HD 7970 or something. I want a system that is going to be as quiet as possible but I just can't think of the best way to quietly cool a graphics card. A CPU is easy, you just put a massive heatsink on it and find a super quiet fan. VGA coolers don't seem to be very common though. Also i don't like the idea of real water cooling, I may consider a closed loop but I really would prefer a great heatsink where I can choose my own fans.

Ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about quiet graphics card
  1. The 7000 series is still a long time from release.And nothing but reference designs will be released at launch.You will have to wait even longer for a good aftermarket cooler.High end graphics cards have a much higher TDP than CPU's.GPU's are just coming out of the infante stages.Also you only have so much space.

Watercooling is the only silent solution to cool a GPU.Currently their are version's of the 6870/6850 that have passive heatsinks but they are horrible at cooling and are very large and heavy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131442
  2. Are there any universal coolers like the Prolimatech MK-13 that are likely to fit the 7000 series? I think I should have plenty of space, I don't really need any of my PCI slots except for a single graphics card and I have a mid tower case. Alternatively, do you know of any closed loop water cooling that is likely to fit the 7000 series, or any way to get a Corsair H80 or something to fit?

EDIT: Also, anyone know why my browser/PC suddenly started putting 14 after every single post? lol
  3. As of now I don't think anyone knows where the chip placement will be on the 7000 series so their's no way of knowing which coolers will work.

I believe it has something to do with AMD's new CPU's being released tomorrow.It's 14 for Europe and 18 for U.S.A.It's either hours remainging for what time the NDA is released.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Graphics Product