How do I get the IE shortcut Icon to NOT appear on my desk..

I want it gone. I delete it, it reappears. Where's the off-switch? :'(

More about shortcut icon desk

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:08:24 -0500, Phillip Crum wrote:

    > I want it gone. I delete it, it reappears. Where's the off-switch? :'(

    Internet Options> Advanced. Uncheck the box to show the IE icon on the
    desktop.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi

    Go via Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Add/Rmove Windows Components.
    Uncheck Internet Explorer.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Phillip Crum" <altstatten@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I want it gone. I delete it, it reappears. Where's the off-switch? :'(

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP