Problem turning my system on

spg23

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Just built a new PC and it works great, the only issue is that sometimes it does not turn on when I press the on button during a cold boot. I have to flick the switch on the psu on and off a couple times and then it boots up. when its up and running its fine and if I shut it down and then turn it back on right away its also fine. but when i leave for work in the morning and the computer is off all day and then I get home 8 hours later and i try and turn it on it sometimes wont. I just built it about 2 weeks ago so dont think it should be having this issue. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be? is it the power supply? memory? any ideas would help its driving me crazy

mercer95

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
im not a 100% on this but if you have oc'ed your cpu and not increased the voltage enough it could be causing your problem, i had the same issue because i can increase the voltage on my mobo, so when i oc'ed it to 3.60ghz from 3.20ghz I got cold restarts, not sure if this is correct but it’s worth a shot even if it is a long one :)

spg23

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Pretty much has been doing it from the begining, have not done any ocing yet. ill post specs

i7- 2600k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
8 gbs rip jaws
560 GTX-TI Twin Frozr II 2GDS
PSU crosair HX 850
Crucial M4 SSD 128 GB
Hitachi 500GB

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Does it do it with your Video card removed (run with onboard)

this will rule out if its a lack of power from ur PSU (not that it should be with an 850w)

try just 4gb of RAM and without ur 500gb HDD. this will put ur system as basic as it can go. then add little more at a time till u find what part is doing it.

TRENDING THREADS