CD, DVD and CD-RW?

G

I plan on purchasing a new system. Which two of the three should I choose? DVD-ROM Pioneer 16x40x, Creative Labs 52x CD-ROM or Plextor CD-RW 12x40x32x(I think thats the correct order). I realize the CD-ROM 52x is faster than the CD-RW however is there any reason I should be concerned with this?

thank you for your wisdom.

from a pure Rookie

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
This is purely up to your wants and/or needs. Do you need a DVD ROM to watch DVDs on your computer? Do you need a CD Writer to make CDs?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

If you are buying for the first time, go with the DVD because it will read both the CD's and the DVD's and also get the CD-RW with the system in case you want to ever copy your CD's or save info to a CD instead of a floppy. Also, if this is your first puter, do some "digging" before you buy. The net is full of good info like what to buy and more importantly, what NOT to buy!!!!! This forum is especially good for helpful insight. Ask the fellas in the "other" section of this forum what a good system should consist of. ALWAYS THINK BIGGER AND FASTER because the fastest puter you can buy now will be S L O W compared to what will be available in a couple of years so dont opt for a slow machine----less than 600mhz w/128mb SDRam--- now just to save a few bucks.

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Well , at least he doesn´t have toworry and look further for the CD-RW drive!
Go with the 121032A from Plextor! If you want more speed go
for the 161040A also from Plextor!
In many people´s opinion it´s the best CD/CD-RW manufacturer!
And some of us wish the would start making a DVD-ROM Drive!
Now, that would be cool, wouldn´t it?

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Sorry!

I´m assuming you want to buy the IDE version!
If you want the SCSI one it´s the 121032S and 161040S, but i don´t think the 16x is available in SCSI interface!

P.S:Both IDE and SCSI version have BURN-proof!

P.P.S:Don´t buy the CD-Rom drive from Creative, go with
Toshiba or Pionner, or better yet the Plextor!

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone