Cannot Create Quick Launch Toolbar

August 23, 2004 11:09:28 PM

I could use some help.

Recently I lost the option to create or add icons to the
quick launch toolbar. I was having spyware and popup
problems at the time. When I go into properties and
check the quick launch menu option and then click apply
nothing happens. Also if I try to go throught the
toolbar tab it says "cannot create quick launch toolbar".

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
RGW
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 3:20:31 AM

Hi,

Make sure this folder exists and if not, create it and then try again:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RGW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf8801c4897f$6293c5c0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I could use some help.
>
> Recently I lost the option to create or add icons to the
> quick launch toolbar. I was having spyware and popup
> problems at the time. When I go into properties and
> check the quick launch menu option and then click apply
> nothing happens. Also if I try to go throught the
> toolbar tab it says "cannot create quick launch toolbar".
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> RGW
August 24, 2004 3:20:32 AM

Thanks for trying. The folder already exists.
Anymore ideas????

RGW

August 24, 2004 4:02:41 AM

Sorry, i have run out of ideas. Good luck !

--

"RGW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bb5801c48983$9b4fb5f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks for trying. The folder already exists.
> Anymore ideas????
>
> RGW

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 12:41:54 PM

"Cannot create Toolbar" error when you enable Quick Launch:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/QLError.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User