Sign in with
Your question

How to connect HAF X fans to Mobo?

Last response: in Components
March 13, 2012 3:06:37 AM

I've got a P8Z68-V/GEN3 Mobo and I would like to be able to control/monitor the Cooler Master HAF X Full fans--if possible.

The case fans didn't come with any connector that would allow me to plug them into the Mobo's 2 CHA_FAN plugins. It appears they just run on max the entire time power is on.

Is there anyway to connect at least two of the fans to the mobo?

This is only my 2nd build and my last build was 4 years ago. I would like to overclock my build this time around.

Build (still putting together)

i5-2500K
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3
Corsair HX750
4x16GB Corsair Vengeance
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler

Thanks!

More about : connect haf fans mobo

March 13, 2012 7:55:23 AM

I have the same case and have the same problem. I installed the VGA duct last night with a 'silent' fan, it is plugged into my M/B and sounds like a washing machine!

I think a fan controller will solve the problem
m
l
August 8, 2012 8:55:17 PM

CHA_FAN connectors you'll be able to control, But the PWR_fan connectors will only run on full power and not controllable.
m
l
Related resources
August 9, 2012 5:09:20 PM

Hi, i know this is completely off topic, but I wanna ask you guys because i'm getting one pretty soon, are the stock side and top fans that came along with the HAF X the same fans? same color, same looks and same type?

I wanna know because if the side fan is the same as the top one, I'll get one optional and replace the side fan and then put the stock side fan to the top with the other stock top fan.
m
l
August 16, 2012 12:57:33 AM

lanceor said:
Hi, i know this is completely off topic, but I wanna ask you guys because i'm getting one pretty soon, are the stock side and top fans that came along with the HAF X the same fans? same color, same looks and same type?

I wanna know because if the side fan is the same as the top one, I'll get one optional and replace the side fan and then put the stock side fan to the top with the other stock top fan.

All of the fans are 120mm and there is room for 2 more if you need more cooling power.
m
l
!