http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285

This is the board I'm thinking about ~
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877

The board kind of goes with my case
COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119194

My system will not be used for gaming ~ Mostly for video and photo editing ~

Not sure what video card to get yet either ~ Any ideas ????

I will be running Photoshop 6 and Corel Paintshop Pro X5

Video software will be Adobe Premier CyberLink PowerDirector 10 or maybe Pinnacle Studio 16 instead of Cyberlink ~ ??? I'm sure I will be using Adobe Premier ~ And that may be all but I like what I have read about Cyberlink and have hard Pinnacle Studio was good software and that they had a lot of plugin effects ~

Any ideas would be helpful ~

Thanks Gordon

ZeroWhite

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Before I returned my Vishera setup, I was using the same motherboard and it is a fantastic motherboard. Stays very cool in a case with some good airflow and has some extremely high quality capacitors which is a nice touch. Shut off the garbage GUI bios and switched back to advanced mode, took two clicks to load the ram timing profile. Overall very satisifed with it.

Vikadan11

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks to the fast reply ~ I was thinking of using the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus for cooling ~ What did you use for cooling if you dont mind me asking ~ ? Getting up and over the heat sinks is what I'm worried about ~ I would like to blow the air out the back of my case but if I have to I can blow it upwards ~

I ant be over clocking at all ~ I just want a good steady system ~

ZeroWhite

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hey it's no problem ask away! I was using a Zalman CNPS9900MAX on my 8350 which was fantastic and did an excellent job, But from what I hear the Hyper 212 is a lot cheaper and does a fantastic job as well. If you can push for an extra 20 bucks go with the 650Ti (CLICK ME!) because it's pushing 768 CUDA cores vs 192 on the 550Ti which is a HUGE performance difference. It's not as beefy looking but thats because the newer nvidia chips run much cooler and do not need as much heatsink space on midrange models. 16GB of RAM is perfect, just enough to shut off page file in windows and run all your games. I would go with this RAM (CLICK ME!) because it has a nice CL9 latency, it's 1866MHz which is the frequency your CPU likes out of the box and also this ram only needs 1.5V which is the stock voltage.

Vikadan11

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I like everything but the color of the ram ~ I'll have to find some with the ame specs in black or dark blue so they dont stand out so much ~ On the other hand I'm not going to be pulling the side off my case everyday ~ LOL ~

On the video card I dont know with the newer software how much they play into video editing ~ I'm going to be new to Adobe Premier ~ I have been using Cyberlink but thought it might be time to move up ~ I dont mind putting another 50 or 60 dollars into the video card if its needed ~

Thank you so much for your time and effort ~

Vikadan11

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009

I love the video card ~ Its in my wish list over at newegg ~ Going to order now ~ Thanks for you help and you time :sol: