I am in the process of building a new desktop, I will have a three monitor portrait eyefinity setup @ 3600 x 1920. I am hoping to be able to do two things:
1. play ps3 across all three screens (I realize that I am bound to a 1920x1080 resolution but would like to use the whole screen)
2. watch TV in a window.
I can accomplish this by placing something in line between my receiver and my television. I accept that I will have to point my TV remote at the TV to change the channel on my desktop, but do not see the point of a solution that would introduce noticeable lag while playing ps3.
My research has lead me to the AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD link as my best option. It looks like the introduction of an HDMI splitter will solve the HDCP issue (or since I do not plan on ever recording anything, it might not be an issue at all) plus I don't want to change my TV setup with this, so I have to split the signal from the receiver. My questions/concerns are:
1. does anyone have this card to confirm that the windows work as I would like from above?
2. does anyone have any thoughts about the lag and ability to play ps3?
3. it looks like the provided software is pretty horrible, does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement given the two things that I would like to do?
4. have I totally overlooked something here, will this work at all?