BT Headset - Loud environment

Last response: in Technologies
August 2, 2005 9:18:46 PM

I drive a big rig and it is loud inside the cab. I just got a Nokia 6255i
phone from Altell and they sold me the Motorola HS-820,

Doesn't work well in the truck. There is no vertical adjustment and I guess
I have big ears, the speaker is above my ear canal. Full volume is not
enough in the truck unless I manually pull it down and press it against my
ear, then what is the point of a headset?

The other problem is that the boom on the mic is so short that it is inches
from my mouth and picks up the truck better than my voice.

So, I can't hear who I am talking to and they mostly hear the truck sounds.

Also, the Voice dial doesn't seem to work between Moto headset and Nokia
phone.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Kirk
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 3:22:36 AM

Hey Kirk,

What I would recommend is this:
Go to this page:
http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMenu/Products/ I'd go with
the Jabra BT110 or BT250. I have tried them both. The chioce is
yours.

Andy

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:18:46 -0400 "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> in
alt.cellular.bluetooth told everyone:

>I drive a big rig and it is loud inside the cab. I just got a Nokia 6255i
>phone from Altell and they sold me the Motorola HS-820,
>
>Doesn't work well in the truck. There is no vertical adjustment and I guess
>I have big ears, the speaker is above my ear canal. Full volume is not
>enough in the truck unless I manually pull it down and press it against my
>ear, then what is the point of a headset?
>
>The other problem is that the boom on the mic is so short that it is inches
>from my mouth and picks up the truck better than my voice.
>
>So, I can't hear who I am talking to and they mostly hear the truck sounds.
>
>Also, the Voice dial doesn't seem to work between Moto headset and Nokia
>phone.
>
>Any recommendations?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kirk

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:35:25 AM

try Sonyericsson HBH-300, perhaps not loud enough for you, but wont
let your truck's noice be heard.

Ulrich

!