BT Headset - Loud environment

I drive a big rig and it is loud inside the cab. I just got a Nokia 6255i
phone from Altell and they sold me the Motorola HS-820,

Doesn't work well in the truck. There is no vertical adjustment and I guess
I have big ears, the speaker is above my ear canal. Full volume is not
enough in the truck unless I manually pull it down and press it against my
ear, then what is the point of a headset?

The other problem is that the boom on the mic is so short that it is inches
from my mouth and picks up the truck better than my voice.

So, I can't hear who I am talking to and they mostly hear the truck sounds.

Also, the Voice dial doesn't seem to work between Moto headset and Nokia
phone.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Kirk
2 answers Last reply
More about headset loud environment

    Hey Kirk,

    What I would recommend is this:
    Go to this page:
    http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMenu/Products/ I'd go with
    the Jabra BT110 or BT250. I have tried them both. The chioce is
    yours.

    Andy

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:18:46 -0400 "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> in
    alt.cellular.bluetooth told everyone:

    >I drive a big rig and it is loud inside the cab. I just got a Nokia 6255i
    >phone from Altell and they sold me the Motorola HS-820,
    >
    >Doesn't work well in the truck. There is no vertical adjustment and I guess
    >I have big ears, the speaker is above my ear canal. Full volume is not
    >enough in the truck unless I manually pull it down and press it against my
    >ear, then what is the point of a headset?
    >
    >The other problem is that the boom on the mic is so short that it is inches
    >from my mouth and picks up the truck better than my voice.
    >
    >So, I can't hear who I am talking to and they mostly hear the truck sounds.
    >
    >Also, the Voice dial doesn't seem to work between Moto headset and Nokia
    >phone.
    >
    >Any recommendations?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Kirk

    try Sonyericsson HBH-300, perhaps not loud enough for you, but wont
    let your truck's noice be heard.

    Ulrich

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:18:46 -0400, "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote:

    >I drive a big rig and it is loud inside the cab. I just got a Nokia 6255i
    >phone from Altell and they sold me the Motorola HS-820,
    >
    >Doesn't work well in the truck. There is no vertical adjustment and I guess
    >I have big ears, the speaker is above my ear canal. Full volume is not
    >enough in the truck unless I manually pull it down and press it against my
    >ear, then what is the point of a headset?
    >
    >The other problem is that the boom on the mic is so short that it is inches
    >from my mouth and picks up the truck better than my voice.
    >
    >So, I can't hear who I am talking to and they mostly hear the truck sounds.
    >
    >Also, the Voice dial doesn't seem to work between Moto headset and Nokia
    >phone.
    >
    >Any recommendations?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Kirk