More about which faster
  1. Core2 easily walks all over a P3
  2. Best answer
    zcap81 said:
    Hello, compare 2.30 gig, Intell Core 2 Duo
    v/s
    1.85 gig, Intell Pentium III

core2duo is faster.
    piii has only one core and low clockspeed of 1.8 ghz while the core2duo has 2 cores with 2.3 ghz on each core. the c2d has improved cpu architecture compared to piii.
    hopefully this answers your homework question. :)
  3. Core 2 Duo all the way !!
    Better architecture , dual core , more cache ,and more frequency.
    Even a P4 is nothing compared to c2d
  4. ok i am a bit confused,
    which is faster, a bugatti barron at 400Km/hr or a 5 year old boy riding a tricycle at 1Km/hr.

c'mon can't you see the difference by your self.
  5. It's a trick question. There's no such thing as a 1.85GHz P3. They topped out at 1.4GHz.
  6. ^:lol:
  7. Best answer selected by zcap81.
  8. de5_Roy said:
    core2duo is faster.
    piii has only one core and low clockspeed of 1.8 ghz while the core2duo has 2 cores with 2.3 ghz on each core. the c2d has improved cpu architecture compared to piii.
    hopefully this answers your homework question. :)

Ok, thanks, this was the first time I used Tom's Q&A. Probably should have phrased my
    question better. I have two computers, desktop with Core 2, and laptop with PIII. What
    I'm really trying to do is install Call of Duty MW3. A computer repair guy claimed my
    laptop was faster. I didn't think so since the Core2 is on the desktop. Anyway, the
    damn game won't install on either. Won't download the files. Thanks to all who
    replied except the smartass Truegenius.
  9. minimum system requirements will have to be met. or it could be some other issue related to other part of the specs. i don't think it'd run on single core p3. today's games require at least a dual core cpu to run.
    http://www.callofduty.com/thread/4682
    i think your 'computer repair guy' misinformed you.
  10. zcap81 said:
    Ok, thanks, this was the first time I used Tom's Q&A. Probably should have phrased my
    question better. I have two computers, desktop with Core 2, and laptop with PIII. What
    I'm really trying to do is install Call of Duty MW3. A computer repair guy claimed my
    laptop was faster. I didn't think so since the Core2 is on the desktop. Anyway, the
    damn game won't install on either. Won't download the files. Thanks to all who
    replied except the smartass Truegenius.

:ouch: :o :pfff: :non: :lol: :kaola: [:truegenius:5] :kaola: :kaola: :kaola: :heink: :heink:
    FTW |Mirror
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Core